Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tribute to Tradition #6... Swimming with the Sharks


I've really never had a REAL vacation...all my life. Like...a cruise, an island getaway, an adventure week. Sure, I have been a lot of places...like to Vegas on my honeymoon to see Elvis or what looked like him in spandex (see...I see dead people...all the time...even on vacation)...OR like the time I went to Baltimore and saw black sludge in the ocean while going to a Child Abuse seminar...AND this one time when I went to Oregon and Washington in the rain, reliving Gary Ridgeway's route while chasing down Paul...


BUT, I did go to North Carolina for a sexual assault homicide school...and again I saw dead people...in class. I've traveled far and wide...for free. I could tell you where the best and worst prisons are...


But I'm ready for those coconut drinks...warm, white sand beaches... cabana boys...
I brought this up at work...dreaming out loud...big mistake.
I do get an island getaway... my boss says...I swim with the sharks everyday!

My boss is a mantard.

11 comments:

Mama Hen said...

Mantard is one of the best words I've heard all week. Mind if I adopt it?
Maybe tropical vacation should have been your resolution! Get to it Momma!

Deb said...

Oh hell girl, ALL bosses are mantards. I work with 20 guys...I'm the only girl here (got to meet their diversity numbers, dontcha know). Yep, surronded by mantards 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Talk about needing a freaking vacation!

Hope you get to sip many coconut drinks soon!

Momma Fargo said...

Mama Hen,

Adopt away! I say own it, use it, just don't be it...oh, yeah right we are girls. Impossible!


Deb,

I agree. At least my fair share of them. But at least they keep it interesting...LOL.

I think I will have to go to the store and make my own coconut drink. It's 60 outside...heat wave!

Bethany said...

I hope you get your getaway!

What would the world be without mantards? We probably need them to balance out the social structure... without mantards to hate on, women might be even more catty toward one another.

The Girl Next Door Grows Up said...

You have GOT to take a vacation.

I haven't had one in a few years. The last one my husband and I just had to get away so we went to a cabin on Lake Superior. No TV or anything. It was bliss!

Momma Fargo said...

Bethany,

You are absolutely right! But I do love mantards...makes for entertainment. LOL. And women are catty enough..aren't we? True story.

Momma Fargo said...

The Girl Next Door Grows Up,

Yes, I need a vacation..UGH! Lake Superior is awesome! Good idea!

Momma Fargo said...

Now, with all these great ideas...I am going to make peace with my blender and some coconut drinks! LMAO!

Shell said...

Sign me up for a coconut drink!

VandyJ said...

Umbrellas make any drink more fun. The sandy beach helps too but the umbrella can help in the short run. Take that vacation soon!

Momma Fargo said...

Vandy J,

I am hoping so!White sand here I come.