Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bucket List...World Peace

The Captain came into briefing. He asked me where our Sergeant was...

ME: *blink*blink*

Man, it was good to get even.

Then he said he saw him going to court in his uniform, so he suspected he would be down to work. He wasn't working today. Then...the Captain got rowdy as his rowdy goes...

ME: He's in a uniform because he doesn't have a suit. And probably can't afford one.

CAPTAIN: Suits are for pussies. People that wear the uniform...they believe. [touches himself on the badge, looks to the heavens] It's all about pride. [smirks]

ME: Pffst. That's a bunch of horseshit and you know it! I've been here long enough. Don't try that bullshit on me. Go find some rookies.

CAPTAIN: 96, what the hell are you here for if you don't believe?

ME: I'm here for the people, Captain!

TROOPS: [laughs, jeers]

CAPTAIN: That's damn funny.

We joke about it. We make fun...because we are jaded cops. Most of us really do have pride and really do believe, and are here for the people. I just want World Peace. Is that too much to ask?

11 comments:

passionofthemom said...

LOL I just love reading your posts...you rock! =D World peace is not too much to ask, but it's too advanced a concept for all the frickin' bonehead douchecanoes in this sad world we live in. I'm with you, though! =)

Dee said...

It's okay. Only if you dress up like Ms Bullock in Ms Cong. hahaha

Deb said...

World Peace...WAY too much to ask. Just be the jaded cop---it's so much more fun :)

Ann T. said...

Dear Momma Fargo,
LOL! I just want world peace too. As far as I can tell, the best way for me to get it is to not wear orange in a courtroom.

Ann T.

CI-Roller Dude said...

YOU...are a "none believer"?

enshalla (crappy Arabic for "God be with you")

I still have to write some stories about stupid police captains...

Caution Flag said...

I suppose it doesn't take long in most jobs to get tired and for the calling to become just another day toward retirement, but when I read about a cop dying in the line of duty like we had yesterday, it surely takes on an entirely different tone. Not just any other job anymore.

Momma Fargo said...

passionofthemom,

LOL. Thanks. I love the word douchecanoes. And you are right. Way over everyone's head.

Dee,

I'm all over that! LMAO.

Deb,

Your wish is my command. LMAO.

Ann T.,

Orange is just not our color, is it? LOL

CI-Roller Dude,

Ha! Thanks for the God Bless...and do tell about your stupid captains.

Caution Flag,

You are right about that. Cops get killed every week. Last year was a bad year. And I truly wear my badge with pride. The Captain just gets my shit because he and I have worked together for 20 years and sometimes he comes up with that sappy shit to mess with me. He knows how I feel about my job and other police officers have my respect and honor as well. We get jaded but deep down inside we all have pride for the badge.

Kitty Moore said...

I don't think world peace is too much to ask for...I think it's what we all deserve! But will it ever happen? Nah.

Momma Fargo said...

Kitty Moore,

Nah. Never will. But a girl can dream, right?

Tina said...

Sounds to me like you're doing your part for peace. Humour is important!

Ms. Anthropy said...

World Peace is impossible, it would require everyone getting along. Plus, you would be out of a job.