Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Sunday, May 9, 2010

Monkey Monday Minute






Photobucket







 Kudos to the Great Ian for his wisdom and tribute to support Michelle Pixie. Click on the button to read about Monkey and her battle with Neuroblastoma.
 
I mean...the name says it all. I think I have it,too, actually...self-diagnosing it...it sounds like brain blasting. Mine has been gone for years. How crappy could it be? Don't you think medical scientists could have named it something better. They suck.
 
And she's only 16 months old.
 
Get out there and give them some support, people!

 
 
1 - How old do you act?
 
25. I look that, too. MWWWAHHHHAA! See how immature I am? The uniform subtracts... like... 17 years or something. Everyone should try it. Do it. Do it.
 
2 - As far back as you can remember, what did you want to be when you grew up?
 
Rich. Famous. Beautiful. One of three isn't bad, right? LMAO. Guess which one? (It's the cheapest..and only shows on the inside...not the outside) Actually, in 1982 (yes, last century), I took a personality test. I didn't remember what it said until a few months ago when my mom gave it to me. It said I would best be suited to be......drum roll please.....
 
THE POPO.
 
No shit. There you go. Subconscious thinking at it's best. Outloud...I always wanted to be the first three words up above...and married to David Cassidy. God Bless America that didn't happen. I would have totally missed my opportunity on Gerard Butler.
 
3 - If you were to write a book based on your life, what would the title be?
 
HELL, FIRE, AND DAMNATION...LIVING INSIDE A BITCH!
 
Actually, you are all living it with me...so I guess I would call it..
 
THE BOOGIE MAN IS MY FRIEND...
I have always and still do like ghost stories, haunted houses, and of course...the real boogie man. I'm fascinated. Sue me.
 
4 - What's something that you do that's considered "childish" by most?
 
Dance naked in the rain....sober.
 
5 - The last question isn't a question. Write a story of a time of when you or someone you know overcame great adversity.
 
Everytime I have to listen to my friend's kid poop...he screams because he's constipated all the time. Well, it's true...but not really the answer to this question/story/non-question question thingy.
 
You know...I don't have anything that could possibly sum up what Michelle Pixie is going through. But I did watch from afar how my aunt and uncle went through the death of their only son...
 
My aunt and uncle lost their son at the age of 22 to a terrible snowmobile accident. We lost them for 5 years while they went off the radar to seek some type of peace. Don't get me wrong...they didn't go on vacation or move away. Their souls left. They were numb. They left the church, they cursed God, they closed themselves off to family. It was a very sad and painful time in my life because they were like second parents to me when I was growing up. And community pillars...very social and always there for others. Not only did I lose my cousin who was like my brother, but I lost them, too... for those few years. Especially my aunt. She was there since the day my dad died. And I could always talk freely to her and she would be my rock.
 
They found some type of peace. They came back. They go to church again. They are there, again, also, for me. And now have two beautiful grandchildren from their daughter...who is like my sister. Yes...we are the Clampets...or something. At least we just borrow relatives as family figures. We don't sleep with each other and make more. Our family tree does fork...a lot.
 
So...I think the worse thing ever would be to lose a child no matter what age.
 
Or to watch your 16 month old battle cancer just rips my heart out. My heart goes to Michelle Pixie and her family...and lots of love, hugs, and prayers to Monkey. You just have to look at Monkey's pic to see what a beautiful child she is....it breaks my heart.
 
Get on the Monkey Mission...Do it! Do it! Link up at Ian's.
 
And I'm posting this early...cause I want to be the first to support Monkey. I'm always first...even if I have to cheat in line. I'll link up at midnight.
 
Happy Mother's Day!
 

22 comments:

VKT said...

Wow! This started out funny and then .....powerful. Thanks for sharing about your cousin. I love the way you tied your story in to sweet little Monkey's. I know your Aunt and Uncle feel lucky to have you in their life!

Coffeypot said...

I lost my niece, a very beautiful 15 year old, to Lupus and it broke my heart and my brother never really got over it.

But for you, I wish you a Happy Mothers day, and I am watching the weather out your way. I want to be there during the next rain.

~J said...

I love your answers! I'm not even surprised that your test results said you'd be popo! It was fate!!

Much love going out to Michelle & Monkey...We love you both!!

Momma Fargo said...

VKT,

Thanks for stopping by! You are a sweet lady!

Coffeypot,

LMOA. Close your eyes...

J,

You weren't shocked and awwed? I had no idea about the results until mom showed me that. Forgot, I guess. LOL. Oh well, you are right...it was fate.

CI-Roller Dude said...

MF,
When I got out of the "real" army and went to kollege on the GI Bill...I took an apptitude test...and I was shocked when being a "cop" was on of the things it came up with for me. (the army gave me the same test and said the same thing)--so I guess I had to give up wanting to dig ditches and get into police work.

When I sit on oral interviews for people trying to get hired, often want to ask them if they had taken one of these test....but we're not supposed to ask.

What I really want to ask some of them is: "WTF? Why do you want to be a cop? You should be a book keeper...or you should be a grocery clerk...or you should consider being something else,...but not a cop."

Bossy Betty said...

Got it. Supporting them both!

Those tests are spooky right sometimes.

Happy Mother's Day!

Momma Fargo said...

CI Roller Dude,

LOL. We end up hiring a lot of those because they have a clean record. Then they get washed out because they can't handle the job. Sad, but true.

Bossy Betty,

Thanks so much! You rock! Happy Mother's Day!

Tree said...

Hello, my friend! Thanks for stopping by my blog today, and sharing your story about your cousin! It's such a hard thing to lose anyone, but especially a child. We got another chance with my mom after her diagnosis with cancer, and I'm praying that Michelle will get the same good news very soon about Monkey!

I hope you are having a wonderful Mother's Day!! Take care!

Heather said...

Wonderful Monday Minute this week!
I don't think I could dance in the rain naked, might frighten everyone :)

Momma Fargo said...

Tree,

I am rooting for Monkey to do well and I know she can! She's a strong and beautiful child!

Heather,

I agree. Ian and Supah rock!

Ms. Anthropy said...

Wish I could find my aptitude tests, so I would know what exactly I should have been.

Bendigo said...

Yet one more reason we need you in cali as our personal popo around this town..Those were some really great answers to some crazy questions... Sounds like your Aunt and Uncle did indeed find their own peace...I too hope for the little ones speedy recovery...

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

Wish I could give those great answers like yours, Momma. Popo, how awesome!
Hope you have a great week ahead!
hugs
Betty xx

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

Happy belated Mother's Day!

Slamdunk said...

Naked rain dancing? I did not know you were the police in Berkeley, CA?

Funny responses to the questions.

Momma Fargo said...

Ms. Anthropy,

I bet it would say you were supposed to be a...genius!

Bendigo,

Haha! You would have people shooting at me with the naked rain dancing! LOL.

Betty,

Thanks for stopping by! Always a pleasure to hear from you. Have a great week, yourself!

Slamdunk,

I'm a transplant. LMAO!

Salt said...

Now I wish that I had taken a test like that when I was younger to see how accurate it would be with me. I'm willing to bet that cartoon character wasn't an option, right?

The Girl Next Door Grows Up said...

I agree - it is simply nauseating what they are going through. I remember when she first found the lump and I kept telling her that it was going to be okay... I think of her every day and then hug my girls.

Bethany said...

Many prayers going out to that sweet baby, and I'm glad your aunt & uncle have found peace.

The Random Blogette said...

Cheater! But anyways, what an amazing story about your family. I am so happy that they did find peace and came back to you.

Ally said...

Your answer to #5 was heartbreaking. Your poor aunt and uncle :(

This cancer BS with Monkey is so unfair. How does a baby that young get sick? It truly angers me, you have no idea. My heart goes out to Michelle and her family. I love all of the bloggers who have banned together to help. My Monday Minute for Monkey goes live at 6....

Thanks Mama Fargo for posting what all of us are thinking!

FourthGradeNothing.com

Jessica said...

LMAO! Can I write the forward to your book?