Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Wednesday, August 4, 2010

JAYMIE Fox

After Bill exhausted us, GENTLE BEN and I heard Highway Patrol scream over the radio for assistance. We boogied to their rescue 6 miles away from our location. At the time we were the only ones free. The city was hopping with crime. Soon...they were calling for medical and a female officer.

By the time we had arrived...4 city cops were there. 3 deputies. 4 Highway Patrol. Two ambulances. A fire station. The parents.

The subject was 16 years old. She bit a fireman. She bit a deputy. She assaulted two Highway Patrol. She was struggling while being handcuffed and strapped to a gurney by the time GENTLE BEN got there. Slow fast driver. I kept pushing my foot on the imaginary gas petal on my side of the car. But he got us there safely.

She was high on something. Screaming. Non-sensical. Fighting. The best we could figure it out was probably a combination of drugs and we all thought Extacy-X was one of the substances. Through our Kevlar gloves, her skin was very hot to the touch. She was burning up from the inside out. Medical transport was critical.

She had been at a party at an unknown location. Her name was Jaymie.

She was nuts. Higher than a kite. The ambulance had to get the white straight jacket and straps. Two sets of handcuffs. Spit hood over her face. Two fireman and a police officer and ...her mother had to ride with the ambulance while they transported her code 3 to the ER.

GENTLE BEN: She was crazy. A fox, tho.

ME: Yep. Not one you would bring home to Mama. And Bears don't mix with foxes.

GENTLE BEN: Definitely not.

ME: Had enough action tonight?

GENTLE BEN: This was fun.

ME: Bears. So much different than Jack Russells.

GENTLE BEN: Sorry about my slow driving. Thanks for all the action.

ME: That's Ok. We missed all the vampire action.

That became our last call of the night. I sent the Bear home to hibernate. At least I know how to show a guy a good time. It's something.

12 comments:

wolfshades said...

If exctasy was one of the drugs, meth had to be in the mix too. InhumanStrength+craziness=bad-ass vampire.

I don't envy you at all when you attend calls like that.

(Actually I don't envy you at all, anyway. :))

Ann T. said...

Dear Momma Fargo,
yeah, a bright side to everything. no bites. human bites are filthy, too.

And just think; you'd have been up all night, hiding by day. oh, wait. that happens already. :-)

"Thanks for all the action!"
Always love to know.

Ann T.

TechnoBabe said...

What a shame. Sixteen years old.

Coffeypot said...

But did you get your icecream? That's sweet, being loyal to Wheels.

CI-Roller Dude said...

MF,
You may not want to post this comment. I assume you all get training on "excited delerium". That's where some drugs get the heart rate going so fast that almost anything we do to stop the suspect will cause the heart to red line and often the person dies.
Used to be we'd choke 'em out, then we'd "dog pile on them" then pepper spary em, then baton, then taser em'. As the method got blamed for killing them we had to stop that method and try somehthing else.
The problem is almost anything we do will over speed the heart and kill'em.

Momma Fargo said...

CI Roller Dude,

Yep. Scary thing. That's why we got to the hospital. We have had three die here because of that. Didn't want my name on a lawsuit on this one. Kids and their dope. They have no clue.

Momma Fargo said...

If anyone doesn't know what excited delirium is...google it (don't use the Wikipedia version-WebMD or Mayo). It is a fast way to die. Excited Delirium has been a problem in law enforcement and the medical fields for quite some time. We are often blamed for an in-custody death where the cause of death is actually from drugs...usually drug cocktails.

Slamdunk said...

That is when a suit of armor comes in handy--but I guess policy won't allow you to keep that in the trunk.

The Queen said...

Been outa touch since the move.. but catching up on your blogs.. I heart your writing and I was having withdrawals... or.. it may have been the meth house..

I heart you a bunch.. I look forward to each of your posts.... and I still love my wheels..

SoccerMom said...

Damn that is just crazy. I dont know that I would make it as a cop.

Not that Im not tough, I just dont think I could handle seeing the types of things you do.

Glad its you and not me.

Thanks!

Day 2 Day Living said...

Ok so you suck me in, you get me all into bear, and the scene, and the action, then you send him home??? There is something wrong w/ this picture!

#167 Dad said...

You know, there really ought to be serious consequence for biting cops and firemen...