Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Monday, November 22, 2010

Giving Thanks

Lenzey at Life, Love, And Living In It... bestowed an award upon my little head...early in November...



What an honor!  She put a smile on my face and I am very flattered she reads  my fodder. Thank you so much, Lenzey! Go visit her site...she is a delightful person. She writes about a variety of things...her family, life, movies...whatever intrigues or inspires her. I'm breaking the rules. I am supposed to pass this on to 5...but you know how I love to break the law!  I am giving thanks today to some of you out there I have neglected...


Jessica at Jess Mise Placed...for the wonderful fudge...wow! Can this chef pan out the dish on dish! I'm at least 80 pounds heavier and a lot happier! LOL. Thank You! Check her out...she is a first class chef with sass and her recipes are to die for as well as the humor she puts in her posts while revealing her top secrets! And a very kind and generous lady...we were bloggy first followers! I promise the package is on its way to you...this time for real...no more truck wreckage.

My Sista From Another Motha for sending me this fabbook...my FIRST divorce book....

I read it at the Allenspark Lodge...and laughed a lot. It was awesome! You rock, Sista! Thank you! She has known me almost all my life and still is a great friend...crazy....I love you, Man! Woman!



I have to confess that the boots I won from Tactical Pants Blog are the most awesome boots I have ever worn. My feet are happy....warm, and walk on pillows every day. Even when I jumped fences the other night with my broke butt...I landed with ease. No cringing on the landing as it usually goes at my age. I truck through snow and my feet stay dry. So...on that note...they even outscore my *shudder* Danner's that are $300.00. I might retire my Danner's to landscaping attire. Thank you so much, Jeanette! And check out her latest post on Cops On Top! It rocks...literally!

Women's Magnum 8" Stealth Force SZ WPi



And THANKS again to Bill and Juanita at Allenspark Lodge along with the lovely GunDiva! What a great stay I had....along with great newfound friends...it couldn't get any better! Allenspark Lodge is a must stop if you enjoy the mountains, great food, enchantment, and good friends!

And the last but not least...thanks to all my readers for the kind emails inquiring about my sanity. I appreciate the kindness, advice, and concern and love to chatter with all of you.  There are many  more...but special attention to the following who have listened to me and waded through the dark moments...thanks to Deb..my twin from Michigan, Christy, Dee, Mrs. Mom, GunDiva, Bill and Juanita, Coffeypot, The Queen, and Ed!

Happy Thanksgiving week to everyone!

I am working both landscaping and police work...hopefully I will have some turkeys to fry or to talk about in the next few posts! Otherwise...Sgt. Downtown Brown and myself are going to be working in the -3 degrees  (yes, below zero) on landscaping jobs.

Maybe I'll cook him a non-traditional steak for Thanksgiving since we are without kids and working 24/7. The other day he told me just to come work on his team so we would have the same time off schedule and we could work literally 24/7. I gave him the stink eye and told him vampires like me can't work police work during the day or the long night shift. I would melt. But we could get a lot done...and my business is taking off again with his help...so you never know...but then again... our team and the Sarg are the best ever!

Yeah...in Wyoming...we like our work like that!

Cops work in -3 degrees on and off duty! Crazy! 

And our tractors roll out in the snow...

17 comments:

Deb said...

You're welcome...Just stay in touch so I don't have to call out the National Guard to hunt your ass down.

We roll hard in the winter here as well. However, we've been having a kickass November so far. Today is 60 DEGREES...yep, 60!! Freaking happy dance. Normally, I'd be freezing by now. -3...i feel your pain.

Thank God for friends to pull us through the hard times.

♥ from your Michigan twin :)

VandyJ said...

Get your fur undies out for the next week. It is gonna be freezing here in our great state. At least there is snow to go with those cruel temps. Easier to take I think when the ground is white, than when the ground is brown.

CI-Roller Dude said...

I like working on Thanksgiving...I get overtime and can avoid spending so much time with family. It's a win-win.

CI-Roller Dude said...

Oh and tell D above, the national gaurd wouldn't be abel to find ya' anyway.

Day 2 Day Living said...

Congrats, and you've gotten lots lately! You know all of us love ya!

Mrs Mom said...

Huh. I remember (negative) 3*. I remember -30* too.... *shudder* And to think I actually WANT to move north again..... gah..


Take care of that busted tush woman! ;)

And you surely DO deserve your win!!!! ROCK ON, Copper!

Christy said...

There is no such thing as stopping anything. Well once in a while I80 shuts down, but that's just cause of the wind. School never stops and all activities forge ahead. I love it.

Dee said...

Love ya, woman! Stay warm, keep on keeping on.

Imma be with the sea cows for Thanksgiving! http://dee-theredheadedstepchild.blogspot.com/

GunDiva said...

Bill's going to be thrilled to hear about the non-traditional steak; he's been making us eat steak for Thanksgiving since he and Mom got married (she still makes us turkey, too).

I'm loving your new boots - wish we'd had time to talk gear. I need some new britches and boots. Darn that T!nK for driving through Colorado the same day you were here.

Slamdunk said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you. I hope you all get a mysterious heatwave then if you are doing landscape stuff--it is oddly 50 degrees here, but I am sure it will be much different as soon as the family gives me the hacksaw and we go tree cutting with the in-laws.

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
Congrats on the award...you truly deserve all the kudos for what you do and the manenr you present it here.

As to the boots...SUH-WEET!!
Nothing better than "happy feet".
Makes ANY job a lot better.

And NEVER worry about your
sanity...sometimes it helps to be a little "out there" from time to time...just to get centered again...(trust me on THIS one)!

Like they say, it's a nice place to visit but you don't wanna live there...lol.

If you were ever to find yourself in the Summit City, you would have a standing invitation to our table...ANY time...ANY day.

Rock on.
And Roll safe out there.

presious said...

Momma Fargo,

Can anotha' sista' get a pair of those boots?!...lol! They are not the most "prettiest" of all boots, but, to me, they "look" comfortable.

I have back problems from time to time. I do know, that a really good pair of shoes can truly benefit a bad back.


I am flat-footed with a double A narrow foot. My heels are slightly more narrow than the rest of my foot. Yeah, pain in the tush to buy shoes, often causing foot discomfort. YOur discription of these boots sound so heavenly!...jumping fences and landing light and smooth? Girl!

Bethany said...

Congrats on the well-deserved awards, Momma!

Those look like some pretty fancy ass-kickin' boots there!

Stay Warm!

Jessica said...

Commando Woman 101 boots - AWESOME!
Sorry you broke your butt. That really stinks when that happens ... no pun intended.
Glad you liked the fudge, and again, no worries woman! Know that I'm still your mud-duck cheerleading squad. ;)
(Not that I would EVER wear one of those outfits.)

You totally deserve every award - because you are the rockin'-est Queen Popo to ever jam a pair of magnum stealth boots!

::whoop! - whoop!::

Jeanette K. said...

I'm so happy you like the boots! And to say they are better than the $300 Danners, well that is just awesome!!

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)

Paxford said...

I am utterly lusting after those boots... do they ship to Australia? :D

Pax
[aka the Fumble-footed]

Tree said...

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend! Enjoy your turkey day!