Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Flood Watch 2011 May Update

The river is going to be raised to 8200 cubic feet per second. Tomorrow through Friday. Flood warning in effect. YIKES!

Last year at flood stage it only rose to 7200 cfs where it is currently. Which means the moat around the castle is going to become a lake and I am going to flood. I have been taking periodic pictures of the increase and structural damage to the river. Today's pics are showing the moat getting larger and the castle getting smaller. Hopefully...I won't be in Nebraska by Friday...nor in a houseboat. Rains and underground water table from the river "seepage" have brought nice surprises...except the snakes....so enjoy the pictorama....


The castle...
Alien mushrooms in the driveway....EGADS! I thought it was underground horse turds at first.Then I realized....how silly.
More alien mushrooms...in the prairie...they're everywhere, they're everywhere!
Lilacs...yummy these are Cheyenne Littleleaf...very deep purple and a Wyoming native.
Loves my fat chicken....he should keep dry.
Alpine flowers....

My green roof bird feeder...makes me smile.
Losing green...water seepage will soon take care of that so I don't have to water. Oh...and more rain.
This guy isn't going to get lost in the flood no matter what happens. In 2026 when the world is washed away...he will still be there....weighing in at 130 pounds and that doesn't include his fat fish. My back...oy.

This is where I will be attending the Flood Watch Convention....my front patio...might have to move the party to the east log deck.

Just got the love seats down and cushions out of the shed...pots potted...tiki torches ready...hot tub ready...grill ready....The Green Egg ready....Mango Marguaritas ready...wine ready...chocolate dipped strawberries ready...crab stuffed mushrooms ready....steaks...baked potatoes...corn on the cob...check check. Nah...that's tonight's feast. You know me...if it floods I have MREs ready to go.

Please, God...save me from the MREs...

If all else fails...one of those cushions will make a superb raft. I'll meet you in Nebraska.

18 comments:

Ms. A said...

The stress would drive me nuts! I'm sure we'll be stressing, soon enough, with hurricane season. I can't wait! NOT! Would Texas floodwater flow to Nebraska? If so, I may see you there. If you get there before me... WAIT.

Slamdunk said...

You all are in my prayers MF. The weather damages this spring have been awful in many parts of the US.

GunDiva said...

I can be up there by midnight to help you dispatch that fabulous dinner and margs, but you can keep the MREs.

singedwingangel said...

holy crap woman that meal is for lovers is there something you are not telling us hmmmm.. can't ya float to Ky huh huh huh

Coffeypot said...

Beautiful land, Miss Noah MF! I hope you will still be there tomorrow. Not being in your kind of environment, what does it mean by cfs? The high and low figures? Is that how much water to be released from the dam? How fast you can move your ass out of there? What?

middle child said...

Love the bird feeder! I want your outdoor furniture and also would like to attend your "convention." But mostly,..given the current situation...I need to ask...You can swim, right? Kisses.

Allenspark Lodge said...

Every thing looks beautiful except for the mutant mushrooms. They creep me out. Fungus shouldn't erupt from mother earth.

Hope the river stops rising in time.

Bill

MONICA-LnP said...

sending you a life preserver!love the pics,absolutely beautiful,except for the water creeping up,crossing my fingers NO MRE's!!!

Anonymous said...

I have a college bud who sent pictures of his home on the Mississippi river. He is offering fishing from his 2nd story windows and swimming from the roof.
While we sympathize we do not commiserate. He chose to live on river side of the levee. It was strongly suggested when the levve was built after the 1937 flood that one did not put his principal abode on the river side of the levee.

Ann T. said...

Dear Momma Fargo,
Best of luck to you with flood waters. It looks to me like you are going to ride the depredations with style.

That style takes a lot of doing and a lot of courage. I will say my prayers for you!

The always admiring
Ann T.

Suz said...

The house site is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I think I'm jealous, flood and all. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!

Dee said...

Whoa. I knew you lived "by the river", but had no idea it was THAT close!

Anonymous said...

Hey, No floods just the Hot heat here in N.C. 97 for a high today...thinking the swimming pool will be order !

LauraB said...

SAVE THE GREEN EGG!!

Seriously, I hope things are in the dry...and let me know if we can help. Such a lovely place...

The Queen said...

I would go back to Nebraska, just to drink with you..

Deb said...

Ok...you said nothing about having your kayak ready. Do you need me to ship one to you?? Keeping fingers crossed the river doesn't flood you out.

Love the photos. Thanks for sharing.

Bethany said...

Oh man, I hope you're dry, Momma! And I do mean on dry land, not dry as in out of wine!

Love your patio furniture! Looks so cozy!

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
Love your "CASTLE"...just hope that "moat" doesn't wind up going completely AROUND the property!

I know I can't ANY permits to build a moat around OUR "fortress"...and here you go...you get one (almost) for FREE.

Nice cushions...should get you ALL THE WAY to INDIANA...if the wind's are blowin' right.
Hopefully, that won't be happening if the "levee" holds.

MREs?
Hell, I'd make a raft for the layout you got planned on yer "checklist".

Don't wanna see THAT much good food sailin' to wherever.

You take care and stay safe out there.