Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Flood Watch 2011 June 20 Update Pictorama

It rained all night and all day. Finally at 2:00 pm, it stopped, drizzled, then stopped. The sun came out for the evening. I was on the road picking up Bug from her Grandma in a town 139 miles away where she had just spent two weeks with my family in Minnesota. When I arrived home, I noticed the Game and Fish had closed the road after my house.


A dry flash flood channel that is over 20 feet deep right now and is abotu 20 feet away from the river itself. It filled from the river running over the banks.

Upper pasture. Tall, tall grass.


Diving platform for strange labs.


My prized White Swamp Oak is truly in the swamp.




Favorite birdbath with penstemon blooming in front and Six Hills Giant cat mint in back Woot woot!









We will resume normal blogging this week. I apologize for not getting around to blogs as of late, but manning the moat. Now that the storm has subsided, I can drink again. And blog. Peace out, peeps!

22 comments:

Daffy said...

The scenery is just breathtaking! I just don't have words....the flood waters are creeping ever so closely here too... wow...its SO beautiful there.

Ms. A said...

Hope that means "all clear" and "out of danger".

I'll bet you've got one muddy vehicle, too.

Suz said...

Wow! It's so beautiful there! What a wonderful place to go to recharge.

singedwingangel said...

I just want to come stay with you even with the river rising it looks more peaceful then here...

Marianne said...

Mother Nature is pretty incompetent for being a woman. Flooding out there, flooding here, but wild fires and droughts in Arizona and Texas. Spread the rain wealth, Mother Nature, sheesh.

In other news, those pics of the landscape out there are beautiful! Hope you're doing well!

TechnoBabe said...

What did you do, send the storms our way? Gads. Not in our part of town so far but rain all night and part of each day for several days now. Fifteen miles from here floods and worse storms. We all have to live with what the weather brings though. Your land is so lovely. No wonder you love it there.

Deb said...

Holy crap..that river is creeping close. Hope it starts receding asap!

stay safe!

CI-Roller Dude said...

Hey sister,
Can you send some of that water down to Arizona to help fight the fires and dryness?

Mrs Mom said...

Dude. I can shoot the snakes. I can shoot the Bad Guys if they should attempt to mess with me. I can water my garden in the drought.

But unless we get a massive hurricane on the coast, I don't have to worry about washing away. Stay safe Momma.
xoxo

Mad Mind said...

Beautiful shots! And I'm glad the storm has passed.

MONICA-LnP said...

beautiful pics,but that is craziness!so glad its stopped raining and now you can go back to being you!

North said...

Best of luck with your water woes!

Warren said...

I would certainly put up with floods to live on land as beautiful as yours! These pictures are stunning.

Warren

Cheryl said...

That is just way too close for comfort. I hope that the rain quits and the water start to subside. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

GunDiva said...

Glad the house stayed dry and that you didn't float to Nebraska. I only drove through a small part of the storm and it was less than fun.

Dazee Dreamer said...

to say I'm jealous of your yard and lack of neighbors is an understatement

Mass Hole Mommy said...

Dayum!

Coffeypot said...

When is the shit suppose to stop and the river go back to being a river instead of a lake?

Bob G. said...

Momma fargo:

While many of the pictures are breath-taking, one has to wonder WTF a (quasi) "swamp" is doing that far WEST (and north) ???

You're doing a damn hood job of keeping the high water from getting too close to THE CASTLE!

Hang in there..we're still saying prayers in the Midwest for 'ya!

Stay safe (and dry)

Ashes said...

Wow, you live in a truly beautiful place. Even with the flood and all. Good luck with that.

Slamdunk said...

Wow, what a difference a little H2O makes MF.

Bethany said...

Wow... absolutely breathtaking scenery! I'm so glad it's subsiding now.