Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Flood Watch 2011 June Update

With the morning rising of the river...I was up early to tackle some gardening and see what had changed from midnight of the first release of water. Homeland Security and the National Guard are up early as well. The big hit is supposed to reach me by Friday. 

This little darling was trying to toot the horn ornament below him. Perhaps to announce the beginning of the flood. LMAO. Wished I had snapped fast enough to show you. It was a crack up. He got his head stuck in there at one time.

11 comments:

singedwingangel said...

I wanna come hang with you even with the river rising

Daffy said...

I know the river is super high here...

Hope you have your fins and snorkle and I REALLY hope you don't need either one!!

Beautiful photo!

Cheryl said...

Momma Fargo, I was catching up on your posts today so I wasn't aware of how close the water is to your beautiful place..well till now. I will be checking back with you every day. You are in my thoughts. Has the water ever gotten up this close to you??? I will keep thinking positive thoughts for the water to stay the hell away and for those awful mushrooms to go fungi elsewhere.

Ms. A said...

I'm not looking forward to your flooding, again. You worried the snot outta me, last time!

CI-Roller Dude said...

The National Guard? I hope their trucks don't break down like ours used to.

Charmaine S said...

hope you stay safe! You're in my thoughts and prayers... What kind of bird is that by the way? I love birds and this guy is just gorgeous!

Deb said...

Thinking of you and hoping the sandbags will hold back the river.

Love the bird photo.

Momma Fargo said...

UPDATE: This bird is a swallow.

River is still rising. So far the sandbags are holding. Pics this weekend. If I'm not paddling.

Coffeypot said...

A Swallow??? That's the official bird of the Gay Liberation Front.

Bethany said...

Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers, Momma!

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
We're wishing you well and sayin' some prayers in Indiana here.
You hang in there, trooper!

Stay safe.