Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Monday, June 13, 2011

Flood Watch June 12 Update

The water is seeping more toward the house. The flooded area has actually reached the woods by the house and is about 20 feet from the east side. I checked the crawl space and so far it is mostly dry. There are a few damp places. LOTS of frickin' spiders. I didn't kill them. I want them to die a slow painful death...either by drowning or by loss of oxygen when I throw a bug bomb down there.

Lake de Fargo...is open for jet skiing, water sports, and fishing...

My road around the bend...flooding over to the other side...


Levy de Fargo.
The lower drive for trailers is under water. The middle area is about 2 feet deep when I measured tonight.


Had to move some benches to higher ground. The old tree with the swing is under water.
Small areas where underground seeping water is surfacing. This is happening all throughout the woods and prairie. Water around the picnic table. Yeah. Not moving that heavy thing. Nor the dog. Moose was muddy and running through the water. LOL


Some things just aren't affected by the impending doom. And my..they (Otis and Moose) are fat. I better quit feeding them so much so they don't sink when we have to swim for our lives!


And this is going to be my anchor..should I need it...my favorite bird bath.

12 comments:

Ms. A said...

Someone needs to explain the seriousness of the situation to Otis and Moose. They look like they are taking this way too lightly.

The Queen said...

Do you need the Royals to grab the jet and come out to fill sand bags? We could make it a royal holiday!! Freakin Fargo Flyers!

Paxford said...

Sending hugs, and dry thoughts, and a few prayers heaven-wards on your behalf

Pax

Suz said...

I LOVE THAT BIRDBATH!!! (and the columbine)

My fingers are still crossed for you.

qandlequeen said...

Stay dry, baby!

Cheryl said...

Otis and Moose are too cute.

In all seriousness, I wish this wasn't happening to you. STRESS!!! I will think postive thoughts for you and hope the water stays away from your home.

Slamdunk said...

Wow, I am praying for you there. Watching and waiting on water is nothing short of torture.

We bought one of those neat tire swings for grandpa's house a few years ago. The kids seem to really like them.

Bethany said...

Nah, keep being nice & feeding the pooches. Have ya ever heard of Jake, the Salty Dog? His master held steadfast to his collar while Jake swam back to South Beach when their fishing boat went down in the Atlantic.

Ya never know... :)

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:

With dampness getting under the house into whatever crawl-space you have, keep a lookout for shifting of the property.

When that ground gets nice and soggy, things tend to move about all on their own.

And the last thing you want (or need) are some structural cracks along the base of the house or slab.

Love all the "de fargo" aspects of the back 40...
(what? No Para-surfing?)

Beautiful columbines.

Got a nice place out there...as long as the "big wet" keeps it distance far enough away.

Roll safe out there.

Deb said...

Spiders??? You never mentioned spiders before now! I.HATE.SPIDERS. (((shudder)))

Otis & Moose are adorable!!

Love the photos...keep sharing.

VandyJ said...

You have a lovely place there. Hope it doesn't float away with the rising waters. We are trying to stay dry here too.

Mad Mind said...

Beautiful flowers! And I LOVE the bluffs!