Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Monday, June 13, 2011

A River Runs Through It

It's named THE RIVER WAR HAUS. I gave it the fitting title many months ago.

I suppose it's silly to name your abode, the land you work, and the place you call home. I did it anyway.

It fits.

We fought the government to protect property rights, to stop the declining natural environment, and to preserve the riparian areas near the river as well as the MIGHTY RIVER itself. Add to that a fight to keep the original paperwork in force as written in 1964 when it was drafted and signed by original parties...and have the Game and Fish enforce it's paragraphs as they are required. This war went on for 6 years. We lost.

My marriage fell apart over time, slowly. Not slow enough that I couldn't have seen it coming. Perhaps the red flags went up and I tried to ignore it. In time it became a battle of things I can't even explain now. The battle wounds still show and are beginning to scar over. I can't look back. I'm not sure if one ever wins a battle involving marriage. Somehow, it just doesn't seem proper to tag it with victory or loss. Failed marriages are always a loss of some sort. Is a battle ever a victory? We call it that. When our side wins. But is it really so?

They say we often have to go to battle to get ahead, to forge forward, to make things right. We have to sacrifice for the greater good. Fight for our cause, our lives, our beliefs...

Another such war has begun.

This time..it's me versus the river. Tonight I placed my mark. The river pushes forward. I build walls and hold it back. Divert. Clean up. Pray. I think I'm going to win this war this time because I have God on my side. 


Ahoy Mateys!
The river might want to invoke it's right to parley...

No...Momma Fargo hasn't lost it.
She's just not going to let the bastard (river) get the house... just like the first time.

14 comments:

Coffeypot said...

The Mighty MF!

When is the river suppose to top out and start to subside?

middle child said...

With God on your side.....well, that's all you need.

GunDiva said...

That ungrateful river! Doesn't it know the lengths you went to to help save it and this is the thanks you get? Hmpf. Just like children.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

http://waterwatch.usgs.gov/new/index.php?m=flood&r=wy&w=map

Well Seasoned Fool said...

http://waterwatch.usgs.gov/new/index.php?m=flood&r=co&w=map

Looks like the headwaters is below flood stage. May give some relief in a day or two-stop letting so much go over the dams.

Bob Ellis and Bev Lane said...

My wife & I are both following your battle for your house and home. Gods, we hope you win.

Thank you for those photos so we can better picture the battleground.

Good luck.

Momma Fargo said...

Thanks for all the support and prayers. I REALLY appreciate it.

Allenspark Lodge said...

You are going to come out ahead in both of these battles. Keep the faith!
Juanita

Ms. A said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and saying prayers for you!

Bethany said...

Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers!

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
That's the PLATTE river, if memory serves...I always want to know my "foe" when I call up some prayers to the man UPSTAIRS!

You can't always pick your battles in life (man-made or natural)...all you CAN do is give YOUR best effort to fight that battle, and with every confidence that you WILL emerge victorious.

It might not always be the EXACT victory conditions you were hoping for, but a win IS a win...no matter what.

You hang tough and stay the course.
There are a LOT fo folks on YOUR side, wishing you well, dear!

Stay safe out there.

Mad Jack said...

Certainly I'll pray for you. Flooding is truly the pits.

Deb said...

NO bastard (river or otherwise) gets your house. I know you'll save it.

Mad Mind said...

Hope this finds you doing okay.