Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Thursday, January 10, 2013

Witness Protection

I don't really recall the last time I lived in a true neighborhood...must have been when I was in Minnesota. Most of the neighbors are elderly and keep to themselves. The "townfolk" have been very kind and friendly, but have no idea I'm the "new girl." Bug has been fitting into her new school very well and LOOOOVVES it, which is more than I could ask for. Last night she asked me some questions, probably worried her mother was going to turn into a hermit.

BUG: Mom, why don't you go introduce yourselves to the neighbors.

ME: *blink*blink*

BUG: I'm serious.

ME: I like being anonymous right now until I figure everyone out.

BUG: Oh, mom. What are you afraid of?

ME: People.

BUG: Mom, you are so weird.

ME: Well, I'm used to living on a ranch or in the country without neighbors and far away from any neighborhoods. The last time I recall being this close to living next to people and not cows was when I was in college...and I was drunk most of the time.

BUG: *blink*blink*

2 comments:

Mad Jack said...

So. Tell me, are you still giving your epidermis an air bath on your front porch early in the morning?

Just asking.

Ms. A said...

OMG, I had forgotten about your morning ritual. That should impress the neighborhood!