Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Tuesday, May 21, 2013

BUG HUGS

ME: Get upstairs and clean your room, please.

BUG: Why?

ME: It wasn't a debate. It's an order. From the General.

BUG: Who's the General?

ME: *blink*blink*

BUG: I have to wait until this is over.

ME: Uh, no. Now.

BUG: But I'm watching this. It's education.

ME: It's Castle. GET!

BUG: [scooting up the stairs and calling down to The Mother] I'm sure the makers of Castle will not appreciate you.

ME: I'm sure I don't care. And I don't want you molded into some cop brain.

BUG: So. You're one.

ME: So.

BUG: So there.

ME: Last word. GIT!

BUG: Why do you always get the last word?

ME: Because I can't get you to be quiet without beating you into submission. And because I'm The Mother.

BUG: So?

ME: So there.

BUG: Real mature, Mom.

ME: [whispering] Last word!

BUG: I heard you!

ME: Get to cleaning!

BUG: Ugh!

ME: NOW!


We are so mature. And Motherhood is ineffective against sassy teenagers, but I got the last word, dammit. I create my own monster.

8 comments:

Angelwithatwist said...

And there is where motherhood gets sucky when you realize your children get that particular trait from YOU and not their fathers.. Sighs...

Coffeypot said...

She got the last word, as all teens do, when she walked into her room and made the comment under her breath. You live in a dream world.

Coffeypot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allenspark Lodge said...

As a child I heard that at age 12, children should be jammed in a barrel. And at 14, the bunghole should be plugged.

I now understand.

Bill

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
God, if i had a buck for every time my parents and I "danced" to that tune, I'd could have retired a LOT earlier.
It was never a true "democracy" in our house either, and my folks used to have to remind me of that...often.

Good story.
Stay safe out there.

Ms. A said...

Yep, raising teens is like nailing jello to a tree. Preteens, too.

PS: Not to whine, but it doesn't get any easier when they become adults, either! *sigh

GunDiva said...

Ugh.

Teenagers.

Mad Jack said...

Overheard from a good friend of mine:
"I thought by the time they turned 25 you could get rid of 'em. They'd be living on their own, able to take care of themselves."

"How old is he?"
"She. 32."