Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Sunday, May 26, 2013

Wheels Up

It was July 22, 2010, and nowhere near Memorial Day. However, this day forever reminded me of the service and sacrifice our armed forces give to our country. We should all remember what they served for.

Lest We Forget...


I decided to give Wheels a break from 50 Cent, Dr. Dre, and Bone Thugs. Now, it was time to see how he operated in a different realm. Jason Castro. His album is good for the soul. On another note, Hallelujah has to be one of the best songs ever written by Leonard Cohen. And Castro's version is amazing. I put in the disk and found the song and hit play.




Wheels was so excited when he heard the music, you would have thought I goosed him in the britches.

Pretty soon...he was singing Hallelujah as we patrolled the still of the late night driving around slowly...blacked out, looking for burglars. Still  and quiet. It was 75 degrees. It was like God let us have one glory just before all hell broke out in the big city.

But at that moment...it was surreal.

I just listened and watched Wheels. He was somewhere far away.

There was nothing like watching and listening to a soldier sing to The Lord. Even if he was off key.


God Bless those that gave the ultimate sacrifice. May they rest in peace and never be forgotten.


6 comments:

GunDiva said...

Fabulous.

Love me some Wheels :)

Allenspark Lodge said...

Truly wonderful.

Bill

Coffeypot said...

Love the song. It is a time to remember and mourn. I have been doing that quiet a bit lately posting the story boards of my fallen 74.

Lest We Forget...

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Amen. I feel like adding anything to this post would just detract from it. It's perfect, very powerful, touching, beautiful. [Too bad Paula Abdul can't spit a two-syllable word out without sounding a fool. I shouldn't have listened to the whole thing. =)]

Thanks for the reminder of what Memorial Day is all about.
Be well, MF.
xoRobyn

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
Great story...best "rook" in the bunch.

ROll safe out there, and do have a blessed Memorial Day.

Masshole Mommy said...

Great story! I love this song and I tear up almost every time I hear it.