Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Tuesday, June 4, 2013

May Flowers In June

Books are marvelous. I have been reading anything I can get my hands on.  Thanks to Bill and Juanita...my bookshelf is full of good reads.

However, I am not worldly nor up to date.  I like good, old-fashioned paper in my hands. For example, I tried the free books on Kindle ( I have a tablet with a Kindle app)and got miffed when it only gives you a passage or one chapter. I'm going to tell them to quit teasing people. That's so mean.

On a side note, could you imagine a world without free press? Free speech? Me either.

For the first time in my life I am enjoying the right to free speech. Well, I guess I did have my share of it before cophood, but now I feel I have discovered a new freedom. It's like I just stepped off the Mayflower...or something.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

check out www.gutenberg.org ok most of the books are old ... but still lots of good reads.
Kay

Ms. A said...

I have picked up very few books to read since I started blogging. I have a hard enough time keeping up with everyone's posts.

VandyJ said...

I am addicted to the free books on the Kindle--but you do have to check them out. Some are very short. Some are by unknown authors and have issues. But if the story is good I can overlook a lot.

Blake Bowers said...

www.kindlebuffet.com

Amazing stuff. Some are just the first chapter, but probably only about 20%. The rest is the full length books, and some are quite good.

I thought i would never like the Kindle, but I have fallen in love with it.

Coffeypot said...

Ah, come on, MF. You have been yelling 'Fuck Me In The Ass' for years and you claim you didn't have free speech in cop-hood? Sounds pretty damn free to me.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Yes, we take free speech for granted. I'm glad you're appreciating it even more these days. When I write something on-line that's a bit edgy or controversial, I often realize how fortunate I am to be able to freely do so.

xoRobyn

GunDiva said...

When you run low on books, let me know. I've got a zillion. Well, half a zillion since I went to the nook. But still a lot. (Besides, who do you think finds all those books at the friends of the library sale for Mom and Bill?).

gowestferalwoman said...

wyoming library online - http://gowyld.net/econtent/CloudLibrary/help/kindlefire.html

FREE BOOKS from the state's Library system! Yay!

I love the fact that even though I am an hour away from a library (all gravel road, mind you) at midnight if I choose I can go online in my pj's and download a book to read from the Montana online elibrary... :)