Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Sunday, July 28, 2013

Guns and Hoses

From the fireside..."the other blue"

Apparently, Fire Chiefs have problems with the following in the south...

You really want my views on cops parking?   From the view of someone who has had to deal with blocked fire hydrants at a fire due to a patrol car in front of the hydrant?
 
Cops always seem to want to park at a scene right in front – but I got BRT and BBT’s coming that really, really, really need that access.   No matter how many times we ask, even say pretty please, the next call there they are back in front…..
 
Parking at the county courthouse here... I don’t park in the LEO only spots (Well, not often) they should keep the fire lanes empty.  My guys know if I catch them in anything other than a BRT or BBT in a fire lane, they are going to get a chewing. 
 
Public perception sucks now.  Things we got away with 10-20 years ago you can’t even think about doing now.
 
****************************
 
Well, Chief,
 
I think you should move. It's the only solution.
 
I can't explain why law enforcement doesn't get it unless you live in a small town. Usually police officers get to a scene before volunteer firefighters. In a paid department, big city, they get there at about the same time.
 
Unfortunately, in a small town,  those police officers probably think they can act as a firefighter first on scene or they are just plain stupid. I would not be anywhere near a fire truck because I know better. Our entire department is trained to respect that line. If it's a hazmat? Far far far far far far away.
 
I would say common sense should prevail, but if that were the case, I would be President.
 
Have you tried having a liaison with their Chief? I'm sure you have. And it was fruitless. Tells me there is a big separation between the agencies and they have lost sight of what is important.
 
So...RUN.THEM.OVER. You have a bigger truck.
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

GunDiva said...

Yep, the bigger vehicle wins.

GunDiva said...

Jay calls it the "lug nuts" rule, as in the vehicle with the most lug nuts wins.

Momma Fargo said...

GunDiva and Jay... exactly. And wouldn't that be fun? I would love to drive a truck over a police car or push it out of the way just to see what it was like. Sick, right? LOL