Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Life Just Got Real...Popo Ugly







Well, Schweetheart...it's like this. You knew we wouldn't last forever. This day would come. It started out such a great romance long ago, when I was young. I could see it in your eyes. It was love at first sight. You were such a cougar back then. You would scratch my itch, I would lay on your feet. You would snuggle, kiss my face, pull my ears.
 
Later, we
were working jobs, everyone was suspicious, we chased fugitives lost in the mountains, did some great search and rescue escapades. Remember that time when I got mad at you in front of the Sheriff and peed on your leg? Great times, great times. Or the time when all of us had to cram in that tiny motel room waiting to climb the mountain trail the next day and I jumped into bed with that other girl. First and last time I spooned with another woman. She was scared to death when she woke up and my paw was across her boob. I mean...what was the big deal? What a prude.  I still got my licks in when I kissed her face. Then, you and I made up and it was all history after that. I saw you looking at that German Shepherd and then I knew...I should appreciate what I have. I guess, thinking about it...there were lots of women in my life. Why did you stay with me? Why didn't you kick me outside?
Women. They give me a tingle in my jingle. Remember all the babies I had with that neighbor woman? I can't believe you didn't leave me then. All my kids were sold fast on the black market and dog trafficking became rampant. I was worried about the little fellas. They turned out to be great hunters. Remember when that guy from Colorado came up and asked for a whole litter? Talk about a workout. I had to go over there again. That was the only time I felt like a slut...selling myself for money.
 
Well, Schweetheart...my time is coming to an end. I've got the cancer. My eyes are weak. I can't see very well and now they say I have lumps. You can see it. I see you look at me and notice my grey hair, my lackluster coat, and my shedding problem.  Just a matter of time. No treatments for me. I think I will just take my time in stride and grace...spend it with you. I'll lay on your feet, follow you around, and go outside to pee. Don't worry...I won't have any accidents, I'm good about telling ya. The only thing I'm going to do is push that annoying Moose out of the way. He isn't going to steal my girl. You and Bug sure have changed over the years. We been through some doozies.

I still carry these pictures of you and Bug in my collar. Remember that picture? You were at class and I had to sit around and watch Matlock all day. When you came home, I sure was happy to see you. You had a rough day. I should have taken an "after" picture of your frown and ripped clothes. I still don't know if I believe your story about falling down while running in a scenario. I mean, really? I guess it's happened before.
 

And then there is Bug...isn't she just the cutest. This is my favorite. She's all grown up now. A teenager!
 
 
We'll talk about the stories this week and you can snuggle with me while we watch movies, have a drink, and watch the sunset. Just like real cowboys. I will hold out for Bug, I believe. She should be arriving home soon. Sure miss that kid. In the meantime, I'm going to keep nudging you for attention,  scratching these lumps, and smoking my cigars. Just so you know, I'm proud to be agile enough to still scratch my dick with one foot. I know you laugh when I topple over and fart at the same time I'm doing it. I still got it. Pretty amazing for a dog with cancer and as old as I am.. I'm old, Schweetheart. Gotta give an old man a break. Get me another cigar and a drink, would ya?
 

15 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Sad but great post. I have two senior dogs over 15 years each. Both have arthritis in the back legs and are having trouble. The chocolate lab is having trouble standing up. Her back legs just don't work well anymore. She will topple over taking a pee outside. Judy and I think it's time for the big nap. Hurts! But she shouldn't have to suffer either. Hugs to you and strength to Bug.

Tennessee Grammie said...

Sad to hear about Big O. Beautiful tribute to such a great fur-member of the family. Continue to make his days like the other days of his life, filled with love - he's a great old fellow! Prayers and hugs~~~

Suzanne McCarley said...

Oh man, it's gonna suck. I'm so sorry.

Ms. A said...

Enjoy the time you have left, soon it will only be the memories. I have so many memories of the special characters in my life and miss being able to make more.

Slamdunk said...

Sorry to hear that MF. I hope Bug arrives and is allowed to say goodbye. That meant a lot to me when I was a youngster with our family pets.

GunDiva said...

Poor Big O.

What a poignant post, Momma. Give him some loves from us, okay?

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Been there, done that. Dogs, cats, and horses. Never easy, but it is the kindest and most loving thing you can do for an animal that has given you love and devotion.

Blake and Ben.J.Min said...

Oh hell no. I am so sorry. I can't imagine no Ben.j.min.

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Momma Fargo;

I am sorry to hear that about the Big "O":( It is the kindest thing to do when the time calls for it. You will know. had to put my 17 year old weenie dog down 2 years ago. She was "our" baby and it damm near killed me having to hold her when she got "the shot" after having a stroke and couldn't walk anymore. I knew that it was time but emotionally it really sucked.
Much love out to your fambly on this one

Respectfully

Bob A.K.A. "MrG"

Anonymous said...

Sorry Hon,
the queen

Jewells said...

Bawling like a baby over here!!!! I'm so sorry Momma...I don't know how you got through that post. He's been a very lucky boy to have you and Bug!! Holding all of you in my heart!!!

Corina said...

I am so sorry Mama..it never gets easier..but he had a good run, it sounds like...I will be thinking of you all..

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

This made me laugh and tear up. Such a sweet way of expressing what's going on. He's a feisty guy and has lived a much fuller life than most dogs. I'm really sorry, MF. Take care of you and enjoy these precious moments with Big O.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
xoRobyn

Bella said...

This made me laugh and cry at the same time. What a beautiful tribute to your sweetheart. My heart hurts for you. Hugs...

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
I think it comnes to either quantity of life OR quality of life.

Big "O" seemed to get BOTH chased down fairly well, and that's a pretty damn GOOD epitaph for anyone with four feet, a tail to wag, a story to tell...and a cigar.

Stay strong.
Stay safe out there.