Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Friday, August 9, 2013

Rapped Up With A Bow

Yuri's final question in one of my favorite subjects: MUSIC. I accept the challenge.

I was listening to my John Lee Hooker CDs the other day.  Even though he makes death threats, they are in defense of his WIFE. (Leave my wife alone.)  In Motor City is Burning, he's just sad about what is happening, doesn't know what's going on, but has to leave to keep his WIFE and FAMILY safe.  Now John was no stranger to alcohol and drugs, and did have multiple wives,(Hello..he's singing the blues!)  but he did see and place a value on the family.

Sorry Momma Fargo, but I don't see or hear that in much rap today, with the exception of Gangstagrass, maybe.  (I spent several years of my childhood in Kentucky, so I have a soft spot for bluegrass music.)

Challenge: Can you pick five songs from your rap playlist that embrace personal responsibility?

Implicit in the question is the assumption that responsibility/"family values" is a good thing.

First, rap music has such a bad rap. LOL. Now for all you non-rap people out there...R & B is NOT rap, however it would have been faster to give you my top 5 on those because it's all about making love...not war.

Rap can be good for your soul, too. I present to you my answers;

One: Bone Thugs N Harmony





Two: PitBull, Aguilera

Yuri is NOT talking about two of my favorite CLUB RAP hits: 




nor this one:



and not this one either: 



BUT THESE ARE:

Three...and yummy...Ja Rule...


one of my faves...number Four...
and even (Five) the great white Marshall Mathers...who never bores me...





And if you want HUMANITARIAN...Yuri...tada!!!!



Yuri, that was fun! And I got to listen to some good music, great for the soul...some dirty, some clean. I am up for the next challenge! Anyone?




4 comments:

GunDiva said...

You totally made my night with the Marshall Mathers fix. Damn, that boy's hot. *sigh*

I lost all the CDs you sent me to Ashinator. She found them in my car and stole them. Go arrest her or something, would you?

(She promised to give them back once she transferred them to her computer)

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
I can honestly divulge that I DO have an EMINEM CD...that I FOUND along the berm on our property years ago...LOL.

It's the "Slim Shady" CD...and I love the opening monologue...should play it for ALL the locals, 24/7...BWAHAHAHAAAA!

Then again, I REALLY NEED to play "GET A JOB" by the Silouettes 24/7...until THEIR ears bleed!
...OR they DO get (real) hob.
(that would only be fair)

Stay safe out there.

Momma Fargo said...

GunDiva...warrant issued. LOL

Bob G....You are in the totally cool category now. You might fit in with your neighborhood if you start playing that stuff.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

This is a great post, MF. Rap has such a bad name, but I like some rap - the songs like these. The last one is especially beautiful and powerful. Thanks for bringing this music to our attention and thereby elevating the rap that rap gets.

Take care.
xoRobyn