Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Zealot

When I commented on the CPD Facebook page about a parking issue, I received a wrath of lashes from the public and some kudos from supporters as well. It was fun.

In the process,  a young woman who is applying for a job as a police officer contacted me and started emailing me for advice. Luckily, I didn't give out my phone number. It's on the bathroom walls in several locations, but I think she used the women's restrooms.

She is intense.

To say the least.

She is a really nice girl and comes from a very good background. She doesn't do drugs, drink, or get into trouble. She just works and tries really hard to get ready for this test. I have to admire her enthusiasm, but I am trying to get her to come down a notch. Was I that emotional as a 24 year old?

I never turn down anyone that wants me to give them pointers or advice. I like her, but she is like one of those jumping beans. Nothing, nothing, nothing...then bam, bam, bam. It reminds me of a cross between Squirrel, Wheels, and a 13 year old...all on a period. That's not the grammar kind.

She doesn't get my humor. Am I that misunderstood?

For some reason, she was upset at the way an officer treated her. I was trying to talk some sense into her because I can just imagine the other end. Police officers will nod their heads and be fake nice and then they only will listen to so much intensity before they shut it off and they are thinking about what kind of beer they are going to drink when they get home.

I wish I could post the exact several days of conversation because that would be so precious. It's like training all over again only without the go fast machine and rap, which I know she would hate. Country all the way.

So she didn't get my humor when she asked what she should do to prepare for the test.

I said, you should listen to a little rap music, workout, brush up on state statutes. Yeah. It fell on deaf ears.

Or the time she got upset at a sergeant and told me she was so pissed that she was treated the way she was and I explained I didn't think anything was wrong with what she was explaining to me and then I told her how police work operates and we cannot save the world and people have to understand our limitations and she got all upset and told me...

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I MEAN, AND I WOULD TAKE A BULLET FOR ANY ONE OF THOSE GUYS!!!

It was like that. Very intense. Many exclamation marks.

And I responded..."Honey, it's not that kind of job. Only the Secret Service has to take a bullet for someone."

Yeah. I only get myself. I thought I was damn funny.

Oh, well.

Training online begins.

7 comments:

Paxford said...

Ergle... no sense of humour and already complaining about how she's being treated by those higher in rank?!

Can I suggest you begin advising her on alternative job careers?

Pax
[just my two cents worth having experienced the "It's not Faiiiirrr" generation in training myself]

Coffeypot said...

I would hate to be a secret service agent and have to choose to take a bullet or not for Obama or his family. It would have to be training and instinct if I did. Not out of love for the fucker.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

That intense, not po po material. So says a man who was told by a LEO relative anyone routinely tossed from high school football games wasn't po po qualified.

Momma Fargo said...

Coffeypot,

Well, yes, but they don't have a choice. Most of the ones I met said no matter if they liked the President or not, they would take the bullet because they swore to it. I even saw their sworn oaths. Interesting...and yeah.

Well Seasoned Fool...

What makes a person PoPo material? I have no idea because they are all different now days. Before, it was your bullies and tough guys. Now it is anyone from lunch money kid to Marine.

Momma Fargo said...

And Pax,

Yes, yes, and yes. I feel very sure this is not the right career path.

Cheryl said...

Sorry, I am so late to the discussion. I can't seem to stay caught up on blog reading these days...but for her own sake she had better lighten up. I am sure this is doubly true in the line of work of law enforcement but even in the corporate world, a person has to not take every word so personally and literally. She may, indeed be a really nice person but she is also a really nice DRAMA queen.

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
Sounds like she'd make a decent democrat...LOL.
(did I say that out loud?)
Sorry.

She needs to ease up, especially on (and with) herself, because it's bleeding over onto others.

Stay safe out there.