Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Sunday, September 22, 2013

Best Trail Book

I get really excited when I read a good book. It is even better when it was written by someone I know and love. It makes it super special. That's how I feel about the new book, "Tales from the Trail", by C.S. Wilson. She takes you along with her as she describes herself embarking on a new adventure in the mountains as a wrangler. You feel as if you are a member of her trail gang, perhaps even that new customer who sees how treacherous the Rocky Mountains really are for the first time.

Tales from the Trail is for everyone. She made a point to tell me that since she and I favor the "f" bomb on occasion. So with that in mind, I had Bug read it. She questioned it's validity. Not that the stories weren't real, but that our real friend wrote it. And then she spouted off..." I hope she didn't write about you like that one time, remember? When you fell into the river."

Yeah. First she is a teenager. You can only believe half of it. Anyway, it was a creek not a river. I was brutally bucked off by a Friesian stallion after 1 hour of exhausting ninja skills of hanging on before falling to my doom on boulders...and the little trickle flowing through at the time. It didn't save my fall. The water. Nor did the boulders.

C.S. Wilson gives a descriptive narrative of her journeys on the trail. It's not just that. It has substance. It has spunk. It has heart. It truly is an American treasure.

So anyway, the book is not about me.

It's about a girl. Who is awesome. Who has so much love in her heart for horses and the mountains, that you can't help but love her, too. It's more than just that. It's heartfelt. Wilson learned through trial and error about guests, the trails, and the horses. Her description of the horse personality I found most interesting. I also loved how she had a different relationship with each one. Then...along came The Queen. Queen Estes. You have to read it. It's good for the heart. It's good for the soul.

It's every little girl's dream to have that much exposure to a horse. If you are a horse person, you will understand and feel the love all over again. If you are not, you will want to.

I suggest you pick it up at the very low price both on Kindle and paperback on Amazon.com. Then share it with your children and/or your grandchildren. Especially give it as a gift to a friend.

3 comments:

GunDiva said...

Thanks Momma Fargo! Wow, look at all the depth you found that I didn't even know existed. I just wrote down some funny-ish stories.

Allenspark Lodge said...

" I was brutally bucked off by a Friesian stallion "

Washoe will be SO PLEASED by your description of him.

In the book, he's called the "wonder idiot"...

Bill

GunDiva said...

It's because he is the "Wonder Idiot", but he'll like being a Friesian stallion.