Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Friday, September 20, 2013

The Bullet Goes Round

Sometimes I get on a soapbox. Sometimes I get on a pedestal. Sometimes I shout from the highest tree. Tonight will spark a small series of posts. They will be of various topics which are a far cry from each other... including 'getting old debate" of gun control, teenagers, patriotism, moves in the university world, and cop stories. Most importantly we will talk books. Feel free to jump in at any time and change the way these conversations evolve. And please, don't save yourself. I really hate a conversation with myself, but if I must.

The first order of business is going to lead into others.

I really want to know why we must lose a hero, several, or have a mass disaster before we band together or even show a glint of what it means to be a Patriot.

That's capitalized by the way. Pay-tree-ought. I don't care if you say it Mid-western, southern, or with a twist of New York. What I really care is if you live it and feel it. And I'm not talking about a goose to the rear end-type of "feel it".

What does Fargo mean with this post?

What I mean is Officer Bradway of IMPD for starts.


Information courtesy of WTHR



He was killed and I woke up to the news. I don't care if I am no longer a cop. I still bleed blue for my brothers and it made me tear up when I should have been enjoying my morning coffee. It doesn't matter if you know the emergency responders or not...when they die tragically or are killed...it sinks our hearts.

Not only that, but the office manager and myself watched it unfold in the office early this morning and we were both wiping tears. It was too close to home. The day started out somber. You could almost feel and hear it in the soft rain we experienced all day.

Tears from heaven as it felt. It just summed up the week of lost heroes.

This on top of the Navy Yard disaster. Now we are going to analyze every minute of the bad guy(s)' lives and solve nothing. We are going to debate gun control and Facebook will come alive with screams of removing the devices from our hands once again. And now the Vice President will say shotguns are also evil. Fuck me in the ass.

I won't debate that guns are not the problem because it is so much common sense. I wish Congress would devote as much time to trying to fix people as they did arguing about lost causes and gun control. 

We are a mentally sick and morally bankrupt society. Notice nothing going toward that effort except those wonderbrains and smarties that realize there is a problem there. I'm not talking about our average mental disorders or those with depression. I'm talking about those that are "shut off". Those that have no moral compass. It's an epidemic.

I think people are scared. They should be. Of people.

5 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Twice in my life I've faced a firearm in the hands of a criminal. Both times I was unarmed. Came out OK, but I should have been armed. Now? Concealed carry means concealed. Open carry? That is the rifle in the firearms rack in my pickup window.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Prayers for the fallen officer, his family, and his department.

Momma Fargo said...

Well Seasoned Fool...I guess you brought up a good point. I should clarify. The law means you don't need a permit to carry a concealed weapon in Wyoming. It has eliminated anyone from needing a permit to carry concealed in the state.

RussianBear said...

"We are a mentally sick and morally bankrupt society." -Momma Fargo

Well there's your problem..What to do about it is much harder. The first step is to acknowledge that Truth is not relative.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

I understand the law in Wyoming, and never have had a problem there. Anymore, I don't give a hoot what the law is. Better to be tried by twelve, etc. An experienced police officer might spot I'm packing. Probably won't bother an old geezer.