Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Saturday, October 26, 2013

All Hallow's Eve

We all have very different views about each and every holiday.

One that is always under debate and scrutiny is Halloween. Tell me if you think it is has an origin of Christianity, Paganism, or something else and why. If you celebrate it, tell me your favorite types of celebration. You can email me and if you want to be anonymous, let me know.

I will have a post in two days which will be quite interesting...tied in with some of todays' happenings. Fargo thoughts are bouncing around in my hollow head and ready to get out....bwahahhhhhaaa!

4 comments:

Allenspark Lodge said...

It's a holiday based on greed, gluttony, coveting and desire. All the basics. And all by children. And all about candy.

Oh. And role-playing.

I love it.

Bill

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Never meant much to me except "Devil's Night" when I was a teen. Town tradition was the night before the kids went tricker or treating. Much mischief.

Mad Jack said...

All Hallows' Evening or Hallowe'en is probably a Celtic holiday having to do with harvest time, and adopted by Christians for reasons of popularity. The church I belong to is dead set against celebrating Hallowe'en in any fashion, which I find repressive and foolish. Hallowe'en is for kids, so that they can get dressed up in costume and beg all kinds of junk food from the neighbors and maybe make a pest of themselves by dumping dish soap in the fountain or some such.

Adults like to get dressed up as well, and go to Hallowe'en parties and have a good time. So, Momma Fargo, I was thinking that if you were up for it you could get dressed up as Lady Godiva and I could be your horse. Whattaya say? Want to ride through the village square and protest taxation?

What time should I pick you up?

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
I've come to call this "holiday" The Great American BEG-A-THON!

Very little originaity these days, and certainly no appreciation for any candy the urchins get for free.
(that's a shame, too)

I've been to a few parties as an adult...didn't much like them either. The drunken idiota seemed to suck the fun out of the party...don't they always?

And every year when I was young, I came down with a cold, and Mom would never let me go trick ior treating...but SHE filled in for me...in Dad's old clothes and charcoal smeared on her face as a "beard"...LOL.

Some things you never forget.
Moms are cool that way.

Roll safe out there.