Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Friday, October 25, 2013

Looking Out For My Welfare


ME: I need you to fold the clothes, please.

BUG: Mom, I will.

ME: Nope. On my time. You have chores and you are not doing them.

BUG: Mom.

ME: The world has stopped until the clothes get done.

BUG: Mom, I am sick of this (stomp, stomp).  I can't even relax. I don't want to fold the clothes.

ME: You must do your chores first, play later.

BUG: Ugh! I am so sick of this. I am really getting sick of being treated like this.

ME: Really? Because you have to fold a load of laundry? How do you think I feel?

BUG: Happy because you are torturing me. I hate this. I hate this!
ME: I don't like your attitude. Nor is talking back going to help you, because now you can fold the next load, too.

BUG: MOM! I cannot go on living like this! (yelling)

MOM: (yelling and imitating her in drama fashion) Me either! Welfare moms get treated better than me!

BUG: (big eyes) Oh, Mom, I am so sorry. (hugs the mommy) I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

ME: What you are going to be nice to me now after your fit?

BUG: Mom, I'm sorry. I'm just emotional. BTW, this is really weird hugging you when you aren't wearing a bra underneath your sweatshirt.

ME: *blink*blink*

8 comments:

Coffeypot said...

I LIKE hugging that way.

Anonymous said...

I remember this age. Good luck. I have wine.
The Queen

Allenspark Lodge said...

Such a teenager! It's fun watching our kids go through this with THEIR kids now. "We were never like this!!!" Ha!
Bionic Cowgirl

Ms. A said...

My daughter and I just had a discussion about paybacks yesterday. She deserves them after what she put me through!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

+1 Coffeepot.

Mad Jack said...

Why, you big old meanie. How can you possibly demand that your daughter be demeaned by folding clothes and then expect her not to be permanently scarred (emotionally speaking) by the experience?

Haven't you ever heard of Dr. Spock?

ravenjanedoh said...

LMAO! I'm having this very issue this week with the daughterling! Include emptying her fish-less tank, dishes, cat boxes, and her bathroom. You would think we were asking for an internal organ.

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
Yep...gotta run w/ Coffeypot on THAT one too...lol.

Besides, folding clothes gets easier & faster the more 'ya do it...(trust me)

Stay safe down there.