Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Family Jewells!

Thank you to MrG for checking on me via a very nice email, as well as the pokes and prods from others that thought I had possibly passed out or keeled over on my keyboard.

May your holidays be Merry and Bright!

Hope everyone is getting into the craze of the "Elf on a Shelf" and let me tell you, I think that was a tradition started a long time ago by parents in the 50s. It's been reinvented and making millions. Whodathunk.

I know we had one. I still have it and although it's been through a flood, he still hangs on, but looks very vintage. I like the word VINTAGE. It's classy...old but good...or timeless history. Perhaps that could be used to describe myself.

For some reason...what really comes to mind when people talk about the word is a whole different gamut of things. Such as, I really think of "vintage" as old, worn out, and not worth much, but interesting nostalgia. Now, when you say ANTIQUE...I get excited. It's old, cool, pretty, and usually worth a lot if it is in good shape.

Another discovery I am really upset about that I did not capitalize on is the new craze of boxed drinking/spring water. They are selling like hot cakes on campus. Seriously?

Why did it take so long to get produced? I mean, we have been making boxed juices, coconut water, and other delights FOREVER or at least a while. And why didn't I think of that? Poop. Shit.

Well, what I can contribute to everyone on here still reading my fodder is some news. New news. I am getting books in like crazy and some reviews are going to be forthcoming. Probably not in time for Christmas gift recommendations, however. Sorry.

I LOOOVVVEEEE Christmas. I am not a Christmas party pooper. I used to be. I will share the meaning of my Christmas and my journey to reinvent it to you in the next post. This one is all about new things you need to know. Why? Because I said so and it is THE LAW!

A big thank you and curtsy goes to Jewells of LensTripping Photography ( a long time reader of this blog fodder- crazy girl) who Art Ambushed me. What is that you say? It is so cool. I am going to give you the link because it is that special of a project. She sent me a package in the mail with the Art Ambush card because she felt I needed an act of kindness. Not only that, it was art and I LOOOVVEE and appreciate so many artists and all kinds of media. This is hers and she is fantastic! Let me share my humbling experience with you...
 
 The Art Ambush card reads, " You've been ambushed by ART! Welcome to the Art Ambush. You were selected by a committee of people to receive a free piece of art from one of our talented giving artists. Why you? Because someone noticed you were a survivor, a caregiver, an unsung or under-appreciated hero. Our goal, at Art Ambush, is to give people like you a little smile... a little beauty. It is a reminder that there are people who notice what you do, who you are, and that those people are willing to give you some recognition-a gift of artwork, with no strings attached. We hope you enjoy this token of our thanks and esteem..." It has more, but that was the meat and potatoes.
 
Their website can be found at http://www.facebook.com/artambushproject. Additionally, she included a sweet note card about my horse who passed away, MiSue Traveler. The picture is a striking resemblance of him and will proudly be displayed along with the cards above my mounted patrol saddle in the Harry Potter House. Yes, I cried. Big crocodile tears.
 
Also...from today until December 20, 2013, you can download The Boogie Man Is My Friend: The Rookies on Kindle to your computer, laptop, android, Kindle, blah blah for FREE! Get it while you can!
 
 
Some fun topics are forthcoming. Fire away some topics or questions you might have to my email at mommafargo@gmail.com if you wish. A big shout out to my favorite pot stirrer, Yuri, whom has been very, very quiet lately. He gets some good information out there to discuss.
 
Thanks, again, MrG for looking out for me. I promise I am not knee deep in a bottle of wine, nor did I fall of the face of the earth. I am here!

11 comments:

Tennessee Grammie said...

The ArtAmbush is gorgeous and well deserved! Sending Christmas love and tidings from the beautiful mountains of east Tennessee to you and Bug~~~

Coffeypot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coffeypot said...

I'm Vintage!

Old NFO said...

That's great, and the pic looks good! Glad you got some recognition!

Slamdunk said...

Now that is a great gift to receive via Art Ambush. I am halfway through your first book--started this weekend. Young daughter keeps asking me what I am reading, but I told her it has "police talk" in it and when MommaFargo writes a children's book then she can peruse.

Jewells said...

I get warm fuzzies every time I see you post about this. I'm so happy that you and Bug loved it! =)

And thank you so much for helping to spread the word about The Art Ambush Project. I'm very proud to be a part of such a wonderful group of people!

Love ya girl! <3

Angelwithatwist said...

OK that art work is beautiful!! Merry Christmas hun. I have been kind of absent as well so don't feel lonely.

MrGarabaldi said...

You are welcome there MommaFargo;)

Just wanted to make sure that you wern't keeled over on the keyboard or something.:D
That is very impressive artwork, I will save the site to my rarely used Facebook account. Any Merry Christmas to you by the way. I have friends that have their elf on a shelf do some creative things from marshmellow fights to skinny dipping with Barbies...I guess I ain't that creative.

Paxford said...

Merry Christmas Momma!

And shelf-elves... ergle.. so creepy! (with their staring and all)

Pax

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

The Elf on a Shelf thing is cute. But clever enough to reap millions? It kinda makes me mad with jealousy. I'm glad you have the Xmas spirit, though.

Love to you,
xoRobyn

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
Art Ambush...now that's a new one o this person.
Elf on a shelf...another nuance we seemed to have missed when I was one the EAST coast.
Mom left NO shelf (or tabletop...or anything for THAT matter UNdecorated at Christmastime)
Perhaps we had an elf, but if he was there, I didn't see him.

Good to see you love Christmas, too. Had a feeling you did.

You have a good week and if you want to partake in some fruit of the vine..go ahead...after all, we know how Rudolph got HIS "red nose", right?

Roll safe out there, dear.