Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Thursday, January 16, 2014

Preparation H

Are you a prepper?

They even have a club now for that. It's cute. They even have a catchy name: Doomsday Preppers. Next thing you know, they will have a reality TV show. Wait. They do. It is called The Walking Dead. Not really.

I have been asked through emails and Facebook messaging from many people what I think about our country's current state, the sites popping up on "prepping", and prepping in general. I was asked if I do it, and if I thought the country was headed into peril to a police state or a martial law situation.

Well...lots of things to answer. Do I answer them or not? LOL

FBI-look away. Kidding.

I do NOT prep in the TRUE sense which means hoarding food, water, survival supplies, guns, ammo, other weapons, and necessities of life. I do, however, want-NEED-want one of these...real bad...like my dream vehicle...besides a Range Rover...



I do have supplies. Many of them were collected because I lived in the country, alone, in a very isolated place and in a harsh winter environment. So, the concept of preparation was key to surviving the land called WYOMING. To reveal hidden secrets, many cops are preppers in the sense they hoard guns and ammo, water, food (MREs) and other supplies. They are crazy about it, however, they do not belong to any extreme groups except the brotherhood called POLICE.

Would I ever join a prepper group or website, Facebook page...UH NO. Duh. Who wants to be marked by the FBI and tracked. Kidding. The answer is NO. I do not join any group of extreme on any side of the coin. I like the conservative middle.

I think we should all be prepared in a perfect world: in moderation: savings account, guns, ammo, food, supplies. Going crazy over it may be your forte, but I choose to sit on the fence, ready to jump to whatever side is best at the time of decision making. So...there you go.

Now...do I think are country is in peril? Yes, economically. Do I think we are headed for a revolution, defined "police state", or martial law. I would tell you, likely not. However, in the last two years, this concerns me more and more as extremist groups arise. I don't know. People are pissed. They are really talking out. People seem to be way left or way right anymore and I don't know how many middle ground people are left. Logic seemed to have left Congress regardless of what party they belong to many years ago. For the first time, I can say I am scared about the decisions coming out of Washington and I feel our leader is dangerous. You know, they say the pen is mightier than the sword and that is sure shining through recently. What do you think?

5 comments:

Old NFO said...

Excellent points all, EXCEPT for the Range Rover... Stay away from them! Aluminum engines, don't last and NO spare engines to be had!!! Friend of mine has two sitting in his barn, both with blown engines...

Slamdunk said...

Yeah, unfortunately I see trouble on the horizon as well. We, as a country, have been writing checks and passing along purchases that we can't pay for, for decades now. Magic accounting will only work for so long and then changes will be immediate.

On a more positive note, manufacturers have come a long way in the past few years with tasty canned food options. Maybe being in a storm cellar for awhile won't be so bad.

Enjoy your weekend MF.

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
Range Rover???
(nah, I'm with Old NFO here...avoid it like a plague)

But the pic you found DOES offer some possibilities...(for a ma'deuce on top...lol)
Sorry, did I say that out loud?

We kinda-sorta "prep" here at the Fortress of Reason, down in Ft. Wayne's ghettohood.
We have enough food for weeks (dry and canned), and plenty of fluids (juices, soda, etc)
We have water if needed and powdered milk (for my Froot Loops...lol)

But I wouldn't want to join a cadre either...dunno why. Maybe it's like YOU said.
(got a big enough target on my back for jist LIVING where we do and being white...ROFL!)

I think trouble COULD come...not that it will, and certainly not in a manner we'd be likely to EXPECT.

You do NOT want MARTIAL LAW, because that could render local law-enforcement impotent.
And we're talking curfews with DEADLY penalties.

This whole DHS stuff is what people should be watching...
Buying all those armored urban assault vehicles and MILLIONS of hollow-point rounds...(?!?)
They can't be for "qualification" or punching paper.

We do need to keep our ear to the rail on this one, and be vigilant, hoping our worst fears never come to fruition.

Great post.

Roll safe out there.

THE FISHING MUSICIAN said...

I'm not a joiner either. We have our family. We have not stocked up on stuff but need to. I foresee short term difficulties related to economy or strikes but not martial law...

GunDiva said...

You know, having extra food and water (and guns and ammo) used to just be a way of life. I would not have considered my grandparent or great-grandparents "preppers", but they could certainly live off of what they had in their root cellars for months if needed.

I'm trying to follow in their footsteps; Jay and I are going to figure out how to grow a garden in our apartment (hello, aquaponics - it's not just for pot growers anymore) and I'm learning to can. So far, so good with the canning business. Let's talk again after I break out the pressure cooker .