Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Saturday, February 22, 2014

Tweenkies

Bug and I have been having intense conversations and funnies. I think her tweenage brain is working overtime. It's killing me. I have to think or something.

For instance, she asked me how I came up with her name the other day. I told her that I thought about it for months and I actually wanted to name her "Mattie" after my cousin Matthew who passed away from a tragic accident. She told me that was a really cool name and she would have rather been named that, then followed up with the famous question of why didn't I use that idea. I told her that my cousin Kris, his sister, should have had first dibs at naming a child after her brother and I felt I should not ask her if it was OK and moved on to a different name.

Bug looked down trodden. I asked her if she liked her name. She said she did, but she liked Mattie better. I told her I picked her first name because I wanted it to be different and spelled it all screwy so it would bother her teachers and mess with Spellcheck her whole life. She rolled her eyes and yelled, "MOM!" I told her I was kidding. She asked about her middle name. I told her I wanted her middle name to be her first name, but her dad liked the other name as her first name better. The second name was chosen because it was by the grace of God to have a child in the first place.

She thought about it for a minute, looked forward in the car and said, " I am glad you didn't name me my first name with my middle name. Yeah. I wished you would have overrode the name idea and took-ed it anyway with Mattie."

I looked at her.

She looked at me.

I frowned.

She said, "What?"

I said, "What kind of English is that? You sounded like something out of the urban dictionary."

You know what she told me?

"Mom, I am allowed to express myself and I don't need auto correction."

*head desk*

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
Shouldn't that be -
"head dashboard"?
(just wiodnering about the forward in the car thing)

Roll safe down there.