Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Monday, March 10, 2014

LENTils

Lately the planets have been misaligned and my Mercury is clashing with Venus. I don't know. It sounded astronomical. Maybe my mind channeling is going astray and went down two forks in the road. Here's what I'm talking about. The jumbled random mess of information in my head they call flashing neurons. That means "glimpses of data puttzing around in there". It's my language. Go with it.

Anybrainactivity...

What is the one thing you could not live without? Do you give something up for LENT?

I used to participate in LENT alongside my Catholic friends until one day, I thunk about it. Why give something up just to restart it again? I know, I know the purpose and meaning. Duh.

But my brain still goes here. Why not give up something not for 40 days, but FOREVER? Why go through 40 days of suffering just to get off the whatever crack you were on, just to start it up again? I know, I know. I can hear it already.

Lent is traditionally, conducted by Christians around the world in commemoration of the forty days Jesus spent fasting in the desert before he began his ministerial journey. It was here he endured the temptations given forth by the Devil.

Well, I like meat.
I like flowers.
I like coffee, chocolate, wine.

What do I?

What do you do?

Do you partake in Lent?

5 comments:

Coffeypot said...

I'm not Catholic, but I do participate. I gave up Lent for Lent - for ever. Works for me and I feel so Spiritual right now.

Joel said...

I'm Catholic, so of course I participate. I actually really like the whole rigmarole. I've learned the hard way not to get too ambitious about what I give up. This year I just gave up buying lunch. Brown bag or skip.

Bossy Betty said...

I don;t participate. I gave it up.

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
I'm not Catholic (nor do I play one on TV, radio, or Internet)...but when and if I do particupate in LENT...I usually give UP Lent.
(amaes things a LOY simpler)

Roll safe out there, dear.

Old NFO said...

Not Catlick... so no...