Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Debbie Downer

Sista From Anotha Motha contacted me last night and emphasized how DEPRESSING my blog posts have been. I concurred. I am such a positive person in normal life even when it is tough, that when I write some things down I do not realize how dark those things are or how sad or falling apart I might be on the inside. Yikes. Let's keep them in the box.

As a cop, I had to suck everything up. Move on. Desensitize. I actually think it helped me cope with  a lot of personal crisis. So for that, I am thankful. Could you imagine if I wrote down every thought I had when I was on a sinister child molester case? I wonder what was really going on inside my brain. Were the inside thoughts being beaten down by the rules? Or were my outside thoughts really how I felt?

Who knows. Who cares? Right. That's an episode for Dr. Phil.

After decompressing for a year, my feelings are starting to reappear, the shell is cracking and falling off. Heavens to Mergatroid, Gertrude Applebottom! (That's what my daughter thinks I should change my name to.) Her father actually asked me last night on the phone, "So I need to know for airline ticket purposes, what name are you going by now?" Seriously. I responded in polite tone, "Are you fucking kidding me? You are going there?" He was blushing from foolishness right through the phone and tried to justify it by saying it was a legitimate question. Strong work there, DADDIO.

Shit. Poop. Let's put those all those divorce issues back in the box as well along with the cry baby poopy pants moments.

I like my stoic self much better.

It's a Dad day. I've been thinking about him a lot. I miss him. Bug missed out on knowing him. It makes me sad.

I don't know why, but on Facebook and on here, I had to share my thoughts about the negative happenings. For those that don't follow me on Facebook, I had posted a police shooting incident and was taken down temporarily by Facebook because of a reader complaint. Here it is if you can get to the link. If not, look up and like The Boogie Man on Facebook.

http://www.policeone.com/officer-shootings/articles/7127581-Calif-police-fatally-shoot-armed-suspect-after-pursuit/

Same thing occurred on my personal Facebook page, but the person complained the post I shared from Coffeypot about Hedwig, not Harry Potter's owl, and that the post had inappropriate nudity. It was a picture of her in 1933s cinema blockbuster, King Kong. Geesh.  The story, not the partial nudity pic is here:

http://www.all4women.co.za/lifestyle/inspiring/it-all-started-with-a-skin-flick

Here's what I think of being reported to Facebook Police, compliments of Dad, circa 1970s.


Put your big girl panties on.

 

Speaking of big girl panties, mine are on. I will not let life's spit balls, road bumps, pimples, potholes, or whatever you call them defeat me! I'm Ok now. SUPERSTAH!




7 comments:

Tennessee Grammie said...

Speed bumps in the road of life can throw us off our track, but always remember the gas pedal is the one on the right and it will get you back on track! My shoulders have sponges for a reason; so do the shoulders of those who love and care about you. Love you Fargo, and Bug too!!

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
You only have life's SPEEDBUMPS?
(and here I am dodging life's POTHOLES...HAH!)
We all need a better street department, don't we?

It's a daily struggle to just "shrug off" things that we consider important to us, and others can't figure it out, but that's OK, because I can't figure them out either in that regard...lol.
That's why we EACH have to deal with our problems...prioritize them, give them their due, but never let them rule us.
You do much better than most folks. That's something to hang onto.
Being stoic is fine, when you can pull it off, but it can't be a 24/7 gig for that long.

I take each day (and person) one at a time, and handle things when they need handling...not before or after.
But, I'm such a traditionalist that way.

:)

Hang in there and roll safe down there, Kiddo.

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Momma Fargo;

I am glad that your head is returning back to normal and you are putting on your big girl panties. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind sending you emails to annoy you....I just don't want you to think I am a stalker or something like that;)
Life throws curve balls our way on a regular basis, it keeps you young....That is what I tell myself anyway. Keep on plugging away and embarrassing Bug, It is our payback as parents for when the kids were younger and they did all these things in public that mortified the parents.

Keep on jammin

Respectfully

Bob A.K.A. "MrG"

Old NFO said...

You know you've got us to lean on... And positive is GOOD! :-) Just sayin...

Coffeypot said...

I think FB is WRONG in taking down a site or post on one complaint. They should contact you for your side of the argument/complaint. Not just drop you. Something Obama/Democratic about the way they handle things.

Slamdunk said...

Hehe--what is the old police saying? If you are not being complained on, you are not working!

Keep working MF--always enjoy the content when I stop by.

Coffeypot said...

Also, what is the blog or FB for if not to write what you feel. I know about covering up and making people smile, and I don't write about it. But that is just me. If writing about the gloom helps, then do it. It is better than keeping it bottled up.

Oh, and if you ever feel the need to talk dirty, call me.