Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Sunday, June 8, 2014

I'm Not The Caboose

I have been riding the train to Crazy Town. The conductor is a boob and although I have pulled down the handle to get off, he refused to stop the train. Hopefully, the will stop heading toward dysfunction or derail at an oasis spa retreat place.

My timelines are off by months but there is light at the end of the tunnel! Book Three of The Boogie Man series is on hold. So...Book Four is rounding the corner...just need to get through the tunnel and broken laptop phase. Here is the cover and back text for you to browse. Yes, it's crazy and quirky like me.
 I will give you the text here, so you don't have to strain your eyes or use a magnifying glass:  "Many people have asked me over the years if being a police officer was difficult. My short answer was and is always "no". During my career in law enforcement I think my better responses may have evolved over the years from a description of "police work is a learning curve" to "police work is automatic." The latter answer made me pause and think once it spewed out I may have sounded like an ass.  The old man who had asked me the familiar question who received that answer was puzzled. I guess I had been doing it for so many years that the work had become automatic, but not as a negative connotation.   I decided that was really a crappy sounding answer and most people probably would not understand its meaning to me, so he was the last person to hear it. To me, automatic meant it was a part of me- it was who I was (in true Popeye speak.)

As the years wore on, the more deviant a person was in a case, the more he or she fascinated me. The more bizarre, the more I wanted to be on scene. Extraordinary became the new ordinary. Police work truly is the front row seat to pure entertainment. I wrote down all those events-some ordinary, some not so.  What does that mean since my definition of ordinary might not be the norm? I guess you will have to read the book to find out.

Kathryn Loving is a former peace officer with the Casper Police Department, Casper, Wyoming. She worked for over 15 years as a Wyoming peace officer and held assignments as detective and patrol officer with specialties as a hostage negotiator, field evidence technician, field training officer, mounted patrol officer, and team princess.

She and Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigations Special Agent Matt Waldock, and District Attorney Mike Blonigen brought to justice the first bodiless homicide conviction in the state of Wyoming in 2006. Her biggest accomplishments were investigating crimes against children and bringing their predators to justice. The characters in her books from The Boogie Man Is My Friend series are based upon her life as a police officer. "

4 comments:

Tennessee Grammie said...

The new cover is great! Look forward to the next Fargo book!!

Old NFO said...

Looking forward to it and yeah, quirky is right...LOL

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Momma Fargo;

Glad to hear from you and Yes I will buy a copy when the time comes. I support my friends and get a good read out of it:) Enjoy the ride on the crazy train...later on when the ride stops....You will miss the excitement....and want to ride again ;)

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
So, are there plans in the works for a BOXED SET of your "Boogie Man" series?
(it worked for Laura Ingalls Wilder)

:)
Just a thought, dear.

Roll safe out there, Kiddo.