Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Fargo's Ladder

Homeowner Crisis #4590-2985

There is no wind here where we dwell in the near south. Only the tornado days which are few. Then, that still is pretty lame so far. Not that I want to see real wind, but I know Wyoming wind. It is so green and lush this year and we are enjoying a Hawaiian summer. Until today. Tonight was still, hot-90 ish-and about 4,000% humidity. Great day to paint the outside of t...he Harry Potter House. Or so I thought. Lessons learned:

1) Ladders are dumb.
2) Landings are dumber.
3) The fall is actually humorous. When you lay on the ground after falling several feet-say 20ish or so-the air is thin and the sky becomes hazy. Your back feels like a 2 x 4-or perhaps that is the slab of concrete you fell on the first time and you become stiff from the landing.
4) By the third fall, you curse your father for telling you to get on that horse again.
5) Tree frogs are awesome. I love them. They were mocking me. Bastahds.
6) Miscanthus grass is great to land on. It was like a poofy fireman's victim catcher thingy.
 7) My paint job looks awesome from below sea level. I wish I had landed in the sea.
 8) No neighbors came to my rescue. Damn Lord Farquaad.

I'm going to my porch to drink my water because all my stalker neighbors are out of town. Hallelujah!

6 comments:

Old NFO said...

Home you get better... And BE CAREFUL!

Slamdunk said...

Wow, hope your body is ok, MF. Maybe we can send you a couple of good sized trampolines so when you fall, at least it will be fun and perhaps save the life of a frog or two on the ground.

Allenspark Lodge said...

Uh, did that really say "By the third fall..."?

You are obviously not understanding the gravity of the situation. Or the situations' gravity. Or the sit-com effect of gravity.

Bill

Fire Pup said...

You should get a firefighter to do the ladderwork.

He would probably hire someone...

Momma Fargo said...

LOL. Old NFO...I am good. I have a strong back. I think.

Slamdunk, I love trampolines! I should install them all the way around.

Allenspark Lodge-All I understand about gravity is that it doesn't like me much.

Fire Pup-I would love that! Have I told you I hate to paint? Unfortunately, it is too costly for my budget...now if the firefighter wants to pay the bill as well as do the hiring of such painter, well, we could make some sort of arrangement. ;)

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
I never worry about falling, even at MY age...from ANY height.
It's the sudden STOP that bothers the hell outta me, however.

You "could" always bungee yourself to a window sill...that would be a real hoot. Would sure SLOW any fall.

OR, you can find someone to run "shotgun" and hold the dang ladder.
(would volunteer anytime)

Glad you're OK.

Stay safe (and "GROUNDED") down there.