Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Some Kind of Wonderful

I've been holding on to this post for quite some time, not wanting to really publish it because then it makes it even more real. No take backs. I don't know if I have really had time to grieve, or if the tug at your heart ever goes away, but I do know this man deserves a shout out. You might have been privy to me walking around the house with him, calling him, "Old Man." That was my nickname for him. I still to this day, catch myself coming down the stairs looking for him as he always waited for me at the bottom, sleeping on the first landing. Strolling around the house at times I would slip and say, "Come on, Old Man." It was habit to look behind me but not to see an empty space.



My longtime companion, Otis, passed away on August 10, 2014. His passing was a tragic ER scene with me holding him and Bug watching as the veterinarian and myself tried to save him from a distorted stomach, but it was too late. Moose has been just as sad as the rest of us, but I am trying to make his life more spoiled than ever. 
 
Otis was the one standing by my side during trials and triumphs, never wavering in his unconditional love for me.  I truly loved him unconditionally as well. His dedication to me was God’s gift. He was such a hard working tracker used in search and rescue and a family dog like no other. Rest in peace, Otis, my friend, you are missed.
 
 
 

5 comments:

Commchick said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Momma. I know exactly where you are and how you feel because I lost two beloved four legged children a couple of years ago in about a two month period. I can honestly tell you the pain will lessen, but you will never get over missing them. I cherish the sudden memories now even as I still wipe away a tear. You and bug are in my prayers.

Coffeypot said...

Sorry!
I know the feeling and loss.
Just sorry!

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Momma Fargo;

I am sorry, I know the loss of a good 4 legged friend, I am a firm believer of "the Rainbow Bridge" How can heaven be perfect if our 4 legged friends ain't there to greet us. A couple of years ago, I had to put down my 17 year old weenie dog Roxie...that damm near killed me. The spousal unit couldn't understand why I didn't want another dog....for the kid. but I lost that argument. So we got D.O.G pronounced DeeYooGee. He is a half lab and half coon. It Interesting combination. He is alright, but I still miss the weenie dog. I believe in the fullness of time, when I cross beyond the rim, Roxie will wait for me.

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
I do know what that's like...losing a family member. To me, the number of feet makes no never-mind...they are loved and missed nonetheless.
I:m still dealing with losing our "princess" last year around this time.
They are really some kind of wonderful...(good song choice - love the Drifters).

Stay strong & roll safe down there.

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry. I know what it is like to lose a friend.