Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Monday, September 8, 2014

Dorothy

It might be the last day to see the daisy dukes and the gangstas on campus for a while as a cold front is coming through. When it is 60, they bundle up in winter duds around here like they lived in Hawaii or something.

It is much to my relief not to have to see pockets expand past the fringe or pants on the ground. I needed a break. I just want to grab those pockets and pull, then say, "See? That looks dumb."

However, the police would come calling for a report of a pervert in the park.

Seeing clothes on kids is much needed and if they don't have the self worth to do it, I guess Mother Nature has to be in charge. As a supervisor, I hate to have to tell my student employees that they have to change their attire. It has happened that the Fargo snarl came out. Business attire does not mean you show the most of your "girls."

The response? "Erin Brokovich did and look where it got her! I look good!"

Beat me.

"Deary, you just need matching knee pads to go with that outfit." No, I didn't say that, but I thought it. I told her, "We're not in Kansas, Toto."

Not only am I getting an education in how to move up in the world by dressing the part, I continue to learn new words in the near south...

drawlstrings- spelled  d-r-a-w-s-t-r-i-n-g-s=
  1. a string in the seam of the material of a garment or a bag, which can be pulled to tighten or close it (Webster).

I can even use it in a sentence: 

I think I need to put myself in a bag and pull the "drawlstrings", hide for the day, and then ship myself home at 4.

11 comments:

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
Heh...that's so typical of kids today...unlike those in MY era - obsessed with the "MOD" look from the UK...lol
At least back THEN, the worst you could do was miniskirts and Beatle haircuts.

My late father once told me that people will judge you by THE WAY YOU DRESS...and if you LOOK like a slob, THAT is how people will view you.
Pretty simple to figure that one out, hmm?

Good post.

Roll safe (and well-attired) down there.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

You always make me laugh.

I read one of my poems at a local cafe for open mic night recently. One particular line was laughter inducing: "To see your friends you went to class, and pulled your pants above your ass." Good God, how much longer is this fad going to last? It's been years. Pull your pants above your asses, dudes!

Coffeypot said...

Dammit, it's old biddies like you that ruin the fun stuff in the office. I like seeing 'the girls' and the legs and the... it brightens the day. Spoil Sport!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Being a daughter of old Wyoming, you should use mountain man slang, or, in NW Colorado, how we talk.
Blows people away.

"Where is the drawstring for my possibles sack"?

MrGarabaldi said...

If the wanna be's actually knew how the fad of droopy drawers started, they wouldn't be soo anxious to follow it.

Momma Fargo said...

Bob G.: I am judgey on the way people dress, too. I am all ok to let it hang out or show the girls in evening dresses and bikinis, but not at work. NO way.

Robyn: I so heart you. You and I have humor cut from the same cloth. Would have loved to see you at open mic.

Coffeypot: If I can't have you, neither can these sluts. LMAO

WSF: Ugh. I never think of those things. LOL.

Mr. G: I think they know. It's cool to have been in prison and not even if they don't get there...they get "prison" tattoos. The old days of getting beat up bc you misrepresented yourself is over. LOL.

Old NFO said...

Concur with Mr.G and when the 'ex-felons' want a piece of the 'action' they're offering their attitude might just change... LOL

Allenspark Lodge said...

"Business attire"

So, just what business are you in, sweet thing?

Bill

Momma Fargo said...

Old NFO-I wish we could educate those college students, for real. :)

Allenspark Lodge: Exactly! LOL

Momma Fargo said...

Old NFO-I wish we could educate those college students, for real. :)

Allenspark Lodge: Exactly! LOL

Momma Fargo said...

Old NFO-I wish we could educate those college students, for real. :)

Allenspark Lodge: Exactly! LOL