Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Thursday, September 11, 2014

Reflections of the Red, White, and MOOSE!

How was your Patriot Day?

Me first.

Why?

Because you can't answer fast enough for a conversation. And it's my blog.

Many flags were flying today everywhere, proudly, including the 1000 flags of honor at our campus founders' showplace.

I saw the video of former President Bush as he declared war on the terrorists after 9-11 and his rise to empower the nation to be strong. It was inspiring in light of today's presidency. Many may not have agreed with Bush's policies or politics, but he is a patriot and he did right by coming to action immediately and with vigor.

My Homeland lost a great firefighter today (9-11)to cancer. Perhaps I am wacko (OK- I am sure I am wacko, but it is a good wacko. Right?) but I don't know a more fitting day for a first responder to pass. I don't know. Just a random thought, I guess.

Much too early in my opinion, but it never is our decision. His life was in the prime years, cut way too short. My last year on the force, he was first diagnosed and it came as a shock. He was young and had a lovely family, two young kids. He was a most honorable man and we cops always had a hoot with him on calls. He will be missed. Rest in peace, Captain.


IU Southeast was on police lockdown due to an "armed gunman."  Now, that is what the news reported. Think about that..."armed gunman." Am I the only one that thinks that is a DOH phrase? As opposed to what-an unarmed gunman? Of course a gunman is armed. Usually. Usually they have arms and weapons.

My Moose is the most lovable dog. He snuggles, fetches, and is just the bee's knees. I lurve him. Bug lurves him, too. He has been coping better than expected with the loss of Otis, although the neighbors report he cries during the day for long periods and barks at times. Hmm. Squirrels. Cats. And grief. A problem.

 
 
But look at that face!?!
 
My very expensive refrigerator that I hauled all the way out here from Wyoming (commercial and very large) had crapped out a couple months ago-again. It magically appeared back online today. Weird. However, I celebrated with a Toyota jump in the mud room.
 

Now. We get to the "about me" part.

Wheewwwwwwwwwwww!

I feel good!

Down almost 20 pounds (winter fat be gone) in the last short weeks. I have a ways to go to get to where I am going.

Tonight it was a perfect night for a run. The air was cool, but not cold. I ran to Eminem, Lil Wayne, 50 Cent, Robin Thicke, TI, etc., and enjoyed the sunset in the country. About 4 miles out I thought Eminem was getting a little wacky in my head or I was hearing voices or noises, so I took my ear buds out. Then I heard the familiar sound. Church bells. The night was so clear, quiet, and calm you could hear them that far out into the country as though I was home.

Crazy.

It just seemed like a sign of peace, especially fitting on 9-11.

Now, how was your day?

4 comments:

Allenspark Lodge said...

Best picture of Moose. Ever.

Bill

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Momma Fargo;

Good Pics of Moose....Did he lick the camera after you took that pic?
There is something good and serene about Church bells, when I was stationed in Europe, I would hear Church bells, no matter where I was at. Especially when you are in "the field", there is something good about it, something like walking the ramparts so the regular people can live their life without fear.
Sounds corny....but I am like that.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you'll see this. What Moose has probably isn't grief. That is, what is making him cry and bark during the day when you're gone isn't grief. It's probably separation anxiety. His buddy is gone and he's home alone. I would start with Super Calming Blend (it shockingly works well for anxiety in general) http://www.gooddoghealth.com/supercalm.html

And look at behavioral modification http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/virtual-pet-behaviorist/dog-behavior/separation-anxiety

Don't bother with Cesar Millan for help, so much of his information is actively damaging to dogs that I can't bring myself to read anything he writes anymore even if what he says on anxiety is actually good.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add, Moose probably is grieving. t's just that his behavior when home alone isn't grief.