Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Friday, September 12, 2014

Scrappy-Doo

My birthday weekend is full! Full of joy and activities!

At the end of each night, it will end with miles...many miles.

I didn't expect to be able to see this much progress in just a month. I guess trainers know what they are talking about.

This is the end of Week 4 Marathon Training. Week 5 is stepping up some more mileage. I have to thank my marathon partner for the schedule and support. It was the extra push I needed to get my life back.

I am feeling the best I have in the last two years and my body composition is changing rapidly with the extra CrossFit and fit classes. I can put the "you are never too old" adage to bed. I can report dropping some sizes feels great. Sometimes you don't realize what stress and unhappiness does to a body until you really look at yourself under a microscope.



My daughter is excited about boxing. Beat me.

That was a bad pun.

She has picked up my love for sparring. Last night, she greeted me with some high kicks and tried to punch me when I came through the door.

Oh, yeah.

I still have those cop-like reflexes. She giggled and said, "No fair, Mom! You have reflexes."

Well, duh.

I may be old, but I am still swift.

Can't sneak one on me.



Perhaps some of me is rubbing off on her. Even though I have now fondly given her the moniker of "Scrappy-Doo", she just doesn't have my scrappy-ness. She has too much princess. We will work on it.

I have to go at a quarter speed or less so I don't hurt her. She is encouraging me to put a punching bag in the garage gym and get us some gloves. I miss that equipment which was provided for me at the police station gym. I told her to start a jar. So here we go...

...Meanwhile...I am checking out boxing opportunities for next semester.


5 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Perhaps she needs to enorlled in a martial arts class... for her's and your own good and peace of mind.

Momma Fargo said...

Good idea, John! LYLT!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I'm attempting to get my "mojo" back after an extended period of not caring about anything much. At the suggestion of my Dr., I'm trying Pilates and it has worked for me. Not even so much the exercise itself, but the feeling of of "oh yeah, I remember. I can do this."

Good luck on your training. It's all good...

Old NFO said...

Good for y'all and yeah, martial arts... GOOD for both of you!

Momma Fargo said...

Rocky Mountain Woman...big smiles for Pilates. I am not coordinated, but I like them. It's a great exercise.

Old NFO...I called today. I have an "in" at the college.