Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Kid

That your gun?

Yep.

Where did you get it?

My dad gave it to me when I was little. Probably smaller than you.

I'm 10. Does it shoot good?

Nope. It just sits there.

Why not?

Because I shoot good. It's the operator.

Hmm. Looks nice. Pretty nice gun.

GUN DEALER(rudely interrupts my chat with the kid), " It is a nice looking little plinking gun."

Yep. Plinked a lot with that.

I like it. It's nice.

Yep. I refinished it.

Where you from, lady?

Wyoming.

Mentioning Wyoming drew a man crowd around me.

Why did you come here?

MEN (rudely interrupt my chat with the kid), "Yeah. Why did you come here?"

Do you have a couple days?

I don't understand, ma'am.

"Yeah. We don't understand that. We have until 6. Close shop." GUN DEALER rudely interrupting my chat with the kid once again.

"We got all day, lady. We will meet you outside to hear this." MEN again rudely interrupting my chat with the kid.

Yeah. Never mind. It's an inside joke.

Oh. You shoot that gun a lot?

Yep. I can't tell you how many thousand rounds have gone through this.

What do you shoot with it?

Used to shoot everything from targets, pop cans, skunks, raccoons, prairie dogs, to snakes and whatever else.

We don't got none of them around here. 'Cept raccoons and skunks.

Yep. I know. Possums might be good.

Possums are cool. You going to go shoot that now?

Nope. Taking it home. You sure have a lot of questions.

Yep. I want to learn to shoot. I never seen a girl shooter.

Yep. Looks like I'm the only girl around these parts at the moment.

It's cool. You got a lot of bullets?

Yes, sir. I have many rounds of ammunition.

I can't wait until I get to do it.

Yes, sir. Make sure you have a wise teacher. Remember to respect guns. Be safe. You have a great day!

Yes, ma'am.

I left the little curious feller with a big smile on his face.

I could have played Home Alone 20 questions with him all day.

8 comments:

Coffeypot said...

"...and I also have shot 4 men, one inside a gun store for butting into my business. I am a retired cop and can out think and out shoot any of you corn-pones." Then, to prove it, you shoot him in the kneecap.

Just kidding about the knee cap. He could sue you for that. Shoot him between the eyes.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

My mother grew up in Wyoming on a sheep ranch. 5'2", could run a Model 94 30.30 faster than most people could empty a semi, and put every round where it counted. Don't mess with an armed Wyoming woman!

Momma Fargo said...

LOL. Coffey..you are trouble.

WSF..I think I love your mother!

Old NFO said...

Heh, obviously they were envious... And thanks for taking the time with the kid!

Momma Fargo said...

Old NFO...he was a doll. I think I am most home in a gun shop or somewhere outdoors with the smell of gunpowder in the air...or perhaps with a fishing pole next to a fast running stream. It's a toss up. LOL

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Momma Fargo;

I just finished your book, I will be leaving a very positive almost glowing rating on the amazon for you;) It took time for me to read it between scouts, amd more scouts, band practice and other stuff. I had more time to read it at work than anywhere else.

I can't wait for the next one:)

Momma Fargo said...

Mr. G-Thanks so very much! You put a big smile on my face. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:

That was a good dialogue you had with that young'un.

And Coffey's comment was spot on. (except for the knee thing, too)

You have some interesting men around your town, too. (oy!)

I can do the wooded area thing and guns, too...fishing? I dunno.
(too much like sleeping...lol)

Good post and comments.

Roll safe down there.
(