Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Thursday, September 4, 2014

You're PHAT, Jack!


I don't know if you all (y'all in near south non-English verbage or some contraption contraction) are feeling the heat out there in the world, but things are brewing. I'm not referring to the weather, although it is perfect here! 88 degrees with 2,534% humidity. I chose that humidity number because they were all close together on the keyboard and required very little effort to devise. Back to my point. HEAT. ISIS is taunting us. Are they a real threat? Or is ISIS trying to poke the big mama bear (US) while she sleeps? Have they bit off more than they can chew? What are we doing about it? Inquiring minds want to know your thoughts.

Yesterday, a nice little old lady from my church approached me and said she was disturbed by it and prayed all night. She said she felt it was going to lead to war.

She patted me on the shoulder and said, "I'm sad about Christians being persecuted over there by ISIS but they refuse to back down and I admire their courage. I think my husband and I were targeted also because our mailbox was drug down the road. I think the kids targeted us because we put GOD LOVES YOU on it. Christians are targeted everywhere. It's very alarming. I don't feel safe." 

While I do agree Christians are getting persecuted by ISIS, I tried to console her by saying mailbox tricks are for kids and often. Brats. I told her at least they probably read it before dragging it too far and had some food for thought about their actions-or perhaps since it was iron, they got some money to buy food at the scrap yard.

I have some nice church ladies. Bless their hearts.

My HOMELAND is on fire with scuttlebutt and uprising over a K9 death which occurred in August. Here is a link...one of the nicer reports: http://www.oilcitywyo.com/2014/08/22/mills-police-officer-charged-with-animal-cruelty-that-lead-to-the-death-of-a-k9-officer/ . It won't go away. The national news picked it up and it still is boiling locally, however, I am exhausted over just reading the same outrages from opinion columns and Facebook updates. It is a tragedy. What more can you say?

Big weekend ahead for me. What are your plans?


Questions from email fans:

1) Is your new book out? (look here...click here...)

YES. It is on Amazon...http://www.amazon.com/The-Boogie-Man-Is-Friend/dp/1500132543/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409842336&sr=8-1&keywords=the+boogie+man+is+my+friend

BUT wait...don't buy it. It might suck. I have ZERO reviews at this time.

2) What do you think of all the police deaths in the US this year so far? What do you think it means for our country?

Obviously, I am disgusted by the number. Today it was: 69-my favorite number...but not for this point.  Here are the stats: http://www.odmp.org/search/year. This is sickening and a sign of the changing times. Violence on cops is at an all time high. I saw this coming in 2011.

Why? I think it is because people are emotionally disconnected. Is iT attributed to substance abuse or related to controlled substances? Sometimes. Sometimes not. However, my belief is the suspects have the knowledge of right and wrong even under the influence.

We are starting to see how the new eras (Generation WHATEVER- X, Y-blah, blah) deal with with their life problems which is usually on social media, irrational physical actions, and other abnormal behavior. Frankly, their coping skills are bankrupt. An emotionally bankrupt society is dangerous. If they do have emotions, they seem to be all over the page like a distraught or scorned woman. OK. That was a bad analogy. Anyway, they have emotional ranges spiking all over the spectrum...mostly falling outside the normal reactions most of us would have. The police are being ambushed. They are being killed at random and when the bad guy has opportunity.

I think you are going to see a big force change in law enforcement in the near future, especially in light of the Ferguson mess.

3) What do you think of the Ferguson mess?

I have many opinions. It was irrational jerk reactions to an incident. Let the judicial system work. Peaceful protesting-fine-have at it. Throwing perfectly good mayonnaise down and stealing stereos while lighting whiskey bombs...not cool. The people would have made more sense if they had dressed in Renaissance garb and shouted, "Off with their heads!" What if the cop was right? Then what? That's my question.

4) Are you really serious about MMA or boxing? You are kidding, right? 

Who knows? I don't usually kid. I am so serious. Well, to be serious- it's big here...so is Cross Fit. Mix them up, get me in shape...I'd be the next Laila Ali...only not so hot.

I mean, what does a cop do in the afterlife for fun times? I live life to the fullest and I really have no fear of anything except getting stuck in another fake relationship and I can cure that.  I think living and getting into boxing would be wonderful, although I am better at wrestling. So mix them up...I could at least be the test dummy for the real fighters. 

Talking about how being homesick makes you a little on the weird side. However, I miss my cop dudes and cop work and the mountains.  I even miss the crazy people. College crazies are amateurs. I could throw in missing a few friends as well.  

But it's nice here, too. I really enjoy all the active sports they have and I am close to many cool places, big cities, hiking, the Great Lakes, etc. Maybe that is a motivating factor-to keep myself in shape-defense shape! Now I do it for health reasons rather than to have fighting strength...but wouldn't that be fun? I'm getting serious about MMA and boxing. Do they have a geriatric league? I know leagues are for bowlers. Boxing has associations. I know. I know. 

Spare-anyone? Er...spar?


Be safe out there.

In other news

Week 3:  Marathon training, added miles. We cross-train 3 days a week. Today: down 3 more pounds (13 total)  and dropping. Remember the freebee earned personal trainer? I found out he has a young boxer in the club. Oh, there's my in to the big little leagues. I know, leagues are for bowlers. Associations are for boxers. Personal training-coming next semester. Now to fund my new workout wardrobe...HA! I have a closet full of clothes in many sizes. Just kidding!
                                                        Say goodbye to this chubs^^

I gained squirrel fat over the winter and I suppose some of that was stress related. It couldn't just be me shoving too many nuts down my throat. WHOA! That went the wrong direction, Fred. Actually (a sign of lying-but not in this case), I just woke up one day and decided I didn't want to feel like I was...or maybe I got a word of advice from Dr. Phil:
                                                 (photo courtesy: bloglovin.com-Pinterest)
I wanted my life back...the real one.

Anyway, it feels so good to be ME again! Not the insulated version.

I wanted the healthy me back and so here we go...go...go!

                                                                   Hey, it's me!

I will keep you posted. By the way, how does it feel to be stiff and woody (post-wood-get it-OK-never mind)? That was really inappropriate. I think Coffey is rubbing off on me. NO...that was inappropriate also! His humor, his humor. Where was your mind?

4 comments:

Coffeypot said...

I you want to feel stiff and woody, give me a call.

Momma Fargo said...

LOL. Coffey...you devil. I can hug trees here.

Bob G. said...

MOmma Fargo:
LOL...love your wonderfully pervved SOH - reminds me of ME...!

You got the Ferguson gig nailed down, too, as well as the number of LEOs KIA...way too high.

To me, the only reason they seem to be more "militarized" is because the BAD GUYS have armed up over the decades.

A MARATHON GIRL?
Please don't try and Swim Lake Michigan (or any other GREAT lake), 'K?
We'd like to keep 'ya around a LOT longer.
((wink))

Good post.
Roll safe down there, Kiddo.

Momma Fargo said...

Bob G. No worries on the lake thingy. I like to waterski, swim-but not to my death, and enjoy those waters in a different way. No channel swimming, sea races...etc. LOL