Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Monday, October 20, 2014

Turn Up The HEAT


The HEAT is on...

I wonder what they call former cops? The FROST?

MARATHON REVAMP WEEK 1: This Monday is proving to be a test of the week to come. Marathon training has been turned up a notch and changed. Our schedule is off schedule or on a new schedule with a little shake up. Our coach says our plan was too routine. So now we threw in some random. I am also adding a couple evening workout classes since the Bug is finished with volleyball season. They won their county junior high tournament.

YAY, Bug!


In unrelated news, I learned some more near south words:

lidtard: spelled l-e-o-t-a-r-d, "a close-fitting one-piece garment, made of a stretchy fabric, that covers a person's body from the shoulders to the top of the thighs, worn by dancers or people exercising indoors" -Google dictionary

First, do you know how hard it is to track a conversation with someone inserting "lidtard"? I was like, What? What?...like a thousand times. She used it in a sentence so I couldn't ask for that context, but later had to phone a friend and have her describe the item. It was like "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" charades. 

cinnamonamon: spelled c-i-n-n-a-m-o-n, " a spice". 

This word is frequently mispronounced in drawl states. 

buttes: spelled b-o-o-t-s: a type of footwear often worn by cowboys

I am convinced people that wear buttes are city slickers and have really, really strong legs.

drawl: spelled d-r-a-w, used differently than the last time. Used in a sentence: How do you drawl your gun fast? My response: Uh...I do not talk to my gun. Maybe you should watch Full Metal Jacket. 

Hollerween: spelled H-a-l-l-o-w-e-e-n, a secular holiday. I was really scared about this because I have learned folks in the near south believe Halloween is the devil's birthday or something. Most often it is condemned in many areas and amongst the Christian locals. I am not going to debate this as each to his own. However, when people start talking about Hollerween, I wondered if it was a yelling contest. When asked who I was going to be for Hollerween, I was like...I don't know? That yodeler girl from the Swiss Alps? I got frown lines from my audience. 

So, there you go. My Monday.



2 comments:

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Momma Fargo;

I resemble some of those...Ya know.....;)

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
LOL...love those words.
(glad you added them there deffinishuns, too)

Life in Indiana...ain't it grand?
(yasureyoubetcha)

Stay safe down there.