Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Word Soup

Last night while watching the boob tube, I turned to news.

Big mistake.

There it was on The Five...dissing my show... Homeland. Apparently, The Washington Post feels it is the most racist and bigoted show on television. Whatever.

While discussing the Ebola crisis in Texas, a woman at our table said it was a problem down there because the newest patient was black and did not receive proper care. I scoffed at her remarks. Now, I see Jesse Jackson has arrived. It's a civil rights violation? Lord help us all.

Police shootouts. This comes from my past department's latest case and also other police shootings nationwide as I watch them carefully and read what is released. Comments from citizens on Facebook are hateful toward the police. According to so many educated cop haters, the cops now must be expected to "act like the military and not fire unless fired upon." Since when was that the case. In the same thread many were complaining of our nation becoming a "police state" and too much militarization was being implemented within police departments. So...haters...which is it?

I was chastised for referring to Wyoming as my "homeland" and compared to Hitler. Another person told me this only refers to Native Americans in the United States. In my mind, I was being snarky and it was just a playful wording of the "motherland" I call myself from-not my ancestral roots of Ireland and Germany, mind you. Are we so sensitive everything is now a careful word play?

Heavens to Mergatroid!


5 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

To all those sensitive folks who can find something,in everything, to be offensive, I say, "Suck it up buttercup,you aren't any special snowflake".

If they don't like it, well, t.s.

Coffeypot said...

It is funny how all the holier-than-though ass wipes out there never realize their rants are bigoted and racist. They need to be more like me; if you can't eat it or fuck it, piss on it. Makes life so much simpler.

Momma Fargo said...

WSF-I feel that way, too. I am just about full of the minute by minute judgments and labels put on everything.

Coffeypot-LOL. I know exactly how you are. We love the you.

Old NFO said...

+1 on WSF!!! That way I don't have to cuss on your blog! :-)

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
We don't get premium channels, so I don't watch Homeland...BUT, if we DID, I would be watching it...from what I read about it...
GOOD writing, GOOD casting, and overall a damn fine show...so says those watching it (which is a LOT).

I admit that with a 24/7 "news" cycle, everything goes under the microscope...and what I'm noticing is "What smells is what sells." these days.

The more sensational you can paint something (anything), the more lemmings glom onto it and gripe about it.
(and many don't even know WHY they're griping or WHAT they're griping about...they just do.)

Sorry, I like to think for myself.
(and do you and your other commenters, who I happen to agree with).

Roll safe