Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Monday, January 5, 2015

The Questionaires

Being bombarded by Questionaires is sometimes a welcomed problem as it invites healthy discussion. This is not to be confused by the written version, questionnaires, but the people version. It's a club.

Questionaires are those who look at you with keen interest, wheels churning, then lay it on you, "Can I ask you a question?"

Inevitably, it is a cop question.

I go into defensive mode right away given current social problems.

Here goes...waiting...waiting...

1. What do you really think about gun control? I mean, do you really think it is necessary for people to have assault weapons? 

At this time, I really want to run and hide, avoiding a heated discussion. I have a headache. It happens to be the time I am supposed to eat my healthy snack on my new eat clean, poop green food plan.

My answer: I really don't think much about my grip anymore, it's automatic. As to your second question, I don't know. It depends on the Zombie Apocalypse. Do you want to be standing around with your hands in your pants going pew, pew, pew or rattattatatatatatatat, blam, done?

The response: I'm serious.

My answer: I was serious.

Photo credit: Pinterest


After eating my apple and filling up on earth's goodness to alleviate my headache, I was once again prodded.

So I answered it a different way...

You can skew a study or statistics any way you want to jive them, so don't go to one of those fancy pants sites to get your facts. First, when I was a cop, I was not taking assault weapons off the street. Crooks used "regular" guns and altered rifles and shotguns by sawing them off. Criminals are always going to get guns legally or illegally. Laws don't apply to criminals until they get caught.

Gun control limits the good citizens and stifles their 2nd Amendment rights. Crimes still happen in places where guns are limited. Let's look at other countries and especially use the country of Chicago as an example.

Limiting gun control to assault weapons again just benefits the prices of them and collectors. It also limits our 2nd Amendment rights again. I ask, why not? It's just a firearm device which fires more rounds. Whooptiedoshit. Ban it because of the way it looks? Pshaw.

I have found armed citizens (responsible ones) are a huge benefit. I can tell you once my ex-husband was assisted by a band of merry men (ranchers) as backup. Problem got solved peacefully. I can say once a concealed carry dude helped me out in a pickle. I thanked him and wanted to get his name so I could send him a proper thank you from my department and he declined, saying it was his citizen duty. I have seen many crimes deterred or citizens stopping bad guys (felony levels) or holding them until police arrive and this has been tremendously grand. The media just doesn't like to report these things much. These types of situations would be eliminated and the bad guys would win again.

The second amendment is not just limited to home defense, although gun control freaks would like you to think that is the best solution. Keep them at home is their sound piece. The 2nd amendment was also intended that the US would not be overtaken by militant force-foreign or domestic. And those worried about a police state? Well, take away the citizens' guns and what do you have? Duh. What is everyone afraid of, black helicopters? Big brother? Nothing is private anymore unless you go off the grid. Who cares? And if I am not doing anything wrong, I have nothing to fear.

Hunting? That is the old stand by the liberals will save the guns for...putting meat on the table. It's OK in their books to feed their family, but for sporting? They might want to nay say trophy hunting. What about predator control? Where do you draw the line? Why draw a line? It is pertinent for wildlife management and serves another purpose if you use or donate the meat. And I like fur coats and rugs, by the way. Have you ever had sex on one? Yeah, you have to throw it away, but that one time...

Oh, finally, the publicized accidental deaths and tragedies are going to be a spin for gun control freaks. Those are always going to happen. Things just do. They are sad and mostly preventable. I don't dare say natural selection because they are tragic but driving a car is the same way. Some have crashes.  You can't have perfect attendance with anything and to expect perfectionism when you oppose something is asinine. Safety, proper storage, and firearm instruction and safe practice is key. Safe practice makes perfect. If you want to go there, go there. You must also teach it to your children.

And that was enough said. I wore myself out. I think the questions often come from those who are unfamiliar or scared of firearms. I grew up in an environment (family and career) which trained me the right way with weapons and I learned respect. I also learned they are a necessary tool. I have many. I like them. They are pretty. They are fun. Shiny things attract me. Yes, I passed a psyche test.



9 comments:

Daddy Hawk said...

Now, if we could just get all the infringements of the second amendment repealed, I'd be much happier.

Coffeypot said...

Don't argue with those people. Just shoot'em.

Momma Fargo said...

Coffeypot...there you go supporting the other side again. LOL

Daddy Hawk...Me too! Baby steps, baby steps. Actually, I don't know if we can again go forward after we have gone backward. It seems all those things temporary become permanent which is another reason to leave things alone and do open carry all over the US. (Waiting for flying tomatoes from the opposers.)

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Momma Fargo,

Actually you did well, with you being a babe type and a popo type, they expected you to be supportive of "Gun control", but many babes are now shooting so that sexist supposition isn't as valid as it used to be. Also they probably figured that the police supported gun control because the chief usually does because his job is political and tied to the mayor who usually likes gun control( if they are democrats}

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Depending on the attitude of the person asking the questions (they have assumed the moral high ground), my usual answer is, " I don't get into that subject for the same reason I don't teach pigs to sing. It wastes my time and annoys the pig". You are dealing with someone who thinks your rights end where their feelings begin. Facts are, to them, irrelevant.

Momma Fargo said...

Mr G...thank u. impromptu is sometimes difficult when it is about those topics. lol. not sure what they was looking for in an answer.

WSF..very good.points. love.your snarky

Old NFO said...

+1 on WSF... NFA has regulated REAL assault weapons for years... I don't seen anything in 2A that talks about hunting either... Just sayin...

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

"Laws don't apply to criminals until they get caught." I like that, and wish I'd thought of it. You're a wise woman.

Hope all's great in your world, MF. xo

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
You done good, girl...REAL good w/ that questionnaire...lol.
I could not agree with you more on the 2nd Amendment.

"merry men"...ROFL...now THAT is called a REAL posse.

As for me?
A nice .45 ACP makes it REAL easy to get to my 12 gauge.

And I would love to see NO restrictions for law-abiding people to conceal carry, like if you have NEVER been arrested, you get a CCP at NO CHARGE!

Well said, Kiddo.

Roll safe down there.