Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Friday, February 20, 2015

Appointments Only No Walkens

If Murphy's escapades with my eucalyptus lotion were not enough last night....it got worse. This morning at 4:30, yes-that is AM EST, proved to be like any other. The dogs needed to pee, poop, and eat. Check. Check. I had my morning two cups of rocket fuel. Usually I have a whole pot, but I am saving those for Saturday and Sunday. Weekdays I am down to two a day. WOW! That is an accomplishment.

After downing my news and coffee, I trotted upstairs to take a shower. When I got out of the shower, Murphy jumped in and jumped out and sat there wagging his tail. He seemed to be in a good mood and quite active. He is not a morning person. Dragging him out of bed is like taking on a sloth. So, needless to say, this was odd. It usually takes him an hour to get busy.

Once I donned my towels (yes, I am a girl-one for the hair and one for the bod), I went downstairs. Murphy was on high speed, low drag and slid down them on his belly. Strange. He usually doesn't do the belly slides until evening. He was full of piss and vinegar.

Behold!

Photo credit: Pinterest


He plopped down on his dog bed and he was surrounded by glue sticks and packaging. While I stared at him in disbelief, he grabbed a glue stick and ate it. I screamed, dropped the towels and wrestled with him while naked. It's a good thing the blinds were down or the neighbors would have had a horror show. He ate most of one stick of glue before I could get it out of his mouth. I have no idea how many he consumed before I caught him.

As I picked up the remaining glue sticks which were strewn all over the house, I was cursing *#&$)#*&$)@($ under my breath that the next butt explosion was going to be Bug's job. Well, that was a fantasy I was having, anyway. And who could get really mad at this face after all that?
Murphy aka Meatball aka Chaos


I fondly call him Meatball because he is solidly stocky and packed in a small punch. I think I might change it to Chaos.
Photo credit: Pinterest

I have never had a dog eat glue sticks. I hope it does not cause any major problems or glue his butthole shut.

In other non-related news, I am feeling like a new person this week because of the deep tissue massages and neck traction. It is amazing what a body can do when it feels good. It also contributed to my attitude. I didn't realize how much I had restricted myself to and how much I had slowed down because of the pain. Once you get used to constant pain, you forget what it was like to feel good and be active.

Down 6 pounds this week and continuing to drive the fat bus out of town. I will restart marathon training again in two weeks at a slow pace, Crossfit (modified) at the end of March, and continuing self-defense with USA Combat Jui-Jitsu with Bug until April. Also starting back up with Piloxing next week during two lunches. Other times I am walking which blows. I hate walking in circles. I LOATHE IT. I guess I should be grateful I can walk. When I am 100, (haha) I will be glad if I can still walk on my own. My friend Treva is amazing at 100 and still lives on her own.

My therapist suggested adding in some weight lifting IF I do it the right way, so he is going to work with me on that next week.

Since I had the last morning episode of fake drunkenness, I have not taken any more medications. I got a wrinkled frown from my therapist even though he later said I had to do what works for me and he certainly wasn't going to push drugs. He suggested I speak to the doctor about something else or ask if it was OK to quit them all together. Any excuse to talk to the hot doc, right? When the word "deep tissue massage" came out...I was kinda happy, kinda not.

Photo credit: Pinterest
Deep tissue massages are not fun if you have never had them. The word "massage" is just to fool you into thinking they are the bomb diggety and relaxing. They make me uptight. Picture a Sumo wrestler on your back plunging a crow bar into your weak spots. They hurt, they are miserable, but after a couple days they work miracles and angels sing, the light goes on, and you walk with Jesus. The knot on my left shoulder was about the size of a golf ball and hard pulsating demons. The ones in my neck were hard and when he pushed on them, they actually gagged me so he had to work them out. He could feel the muscles "spasming" as he worked them. Creepy, huh? It's like they are live tissue or something. Blah. I know, I know. I'm alive! I'm alive! However, I think aliens are in there. One thing doesn't look or work like the others.

The right shoulder blade has one as well which needs more work. I thought I was a two-fer, but the therapist said I might have to have 5 or 6 of these types of massages. He was pleased with the progress so far. The traps are much more relaxed, but very tight, still to a point where they don't function with mobility. I'm Frankenstein's daughter.
Photo credit: Pinterest-"MURPHY the koala"

Mr. Therapist said I was a mess and he could tell I had over worked my upper body and lifted improperly over time. Man, I am sure regretting the days I thought I was made of steel. At least, I believe I will avoid surgery for this time and be able to get back into an active lifestyle. I am so excited about being able to move right now. Spirit fingers!



So..who is with me on this challenge?

Yeah. It's silent. Anyone? Anyone?


6 comments:

Allenspark Lodge said...

If I'm burping and squatting, it's not considered exercising.

Bill

lotta joy said...

The last time I exercised, I gained muscle and looked great, until my heart surgeon had an impromptu heart attack saying "YOU'RE DOING WHAT!?" It seems that exercise is good for one thing and not another. Imagine me, sitting there in a paper sheet getting ready to show him my new upper arm muscles....I had to creep out of his office promising to never do anything that stupid again.

Now? If sitting is an exercise, I'm ready for the Olympics.

BEAU HERE: Buddy, can you spare some drugs?

Ms. A said...

Hope they told you to drink lots of water after those deep tissue massages!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Meatloaf looks unreal - like a stuffed animal. It's unreal what he consumes too. What a brat. A cute one though.

On a positive note, think of all the walks with Jesus you'll be having in the coming weeks.

Hope your weekend picks up. =)

Old NFO said...

Good news (well except for the dog)...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Reminds me I need to make an appointment with my old school back quack.