Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Monday, March 16, 2015

Big Little Bug- Tune Up The Kid

This weekend was full of supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. That is translated to Super Cali Fragile Explosions in Big Doses. It's atrocious. The Bug was up and down with tears and then joy. I was exhausted. At least we came to an understanding yesterday. Today started out much better.

Teen years=when moms and dads lose their shit.

My race proved to be better than I thought. After getting an 80% recovery score at PT, I did the 5K race at a walk/run pace of 39 minutes. Yes, it is slow. However, considering I couldn't run for months and was enduring a lot of pain while even walking, I feel pretty good about it and it will only get better. Today, the neck is a little sore and I am working hard on exercises this lunch period.


Usually, I just want to go home and take a nap, but I drank my free beer at the finish line and felt wide awake and ready to tackle the world. Coincidentally, I just tackled the teenager attitude when I arrived in the door. I think she was waiting for me and holding in all her tude until I walked into the kitchen, then sprang on me like a sprung chicken. Yes, that is all grammatically screwed. It's how I roll...Fargo language.

Later in the evening, I took the twirp to Little Big Town. If I hadn't already promised her this occasion, I would have gone by myself to punish her ways. I realize I need to become a hardened criminal like Momster and stop being soft. It's not like I would have lost money anyway, but geesh, my word is my word. I know...I am contradicting and having conflict with myself and becoming an enabler for a day.

The smile on her face was worth it and it seemed to bring us to a place where we could talk about her emotional state with her father issues.

It is a huge benefit to have a wellness program to earn these dealios and I am using up my coupons. The ticket prices are not that bad around here compared to Wyoming prices. I was amazed. Economy difference, I guess.

In all the concerts I have attended (which is quite a few over the years), it was at the top of the list, slowly squeezing into the grand prize favorite shows of  The Moody Blues and Garth Brooks as far as entertainment value. They were fabulous and brought up children, nerdy college students and the like to be on stage with them. They went out to the crowd; they opened up more floor space. They joked with people and worked the crowd like they should as Entertainers of the Year.


I loved their new music along with the old hits. What more can I say? Bug took some shots which were not her best, but documented our closeness to the band.  She didn't even have to zoom in. Of course, the color quality and focus is a little sketchy, but who cares when you are having fun, right?


I might also add these women look FABULOUS at OUR age. *wink*wink*




Of course, the crowd favorite was Boondocks...and Pontoon...in reverse order...







And now...you know where I come from. Did it surprise you? I know, they don't mix real well with Eminem and Bone Thugs. 



6 comments:

Coffeypot said...

I'm glad that you've healed up to the point that you could run the race. Regardless of the time, you did it. As for Bug, give her a knuckle sandwich, handcuff her into the closet until the tude improves. But leave a light on in the closet. You don't want to ruin her psyche.

Ms. A said...

Newsflash... the issues and tude don't get any easier when they are your grandchildren either! Just sayin'.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Being the custodial parent is a bitch, but I'm glad I was. What isn't needed is the "clear" directions from the non custodial parent. Like, where are you, a##^&le, when the s@^t is hitting the fan?When the bills are due? When school clothes are to be purchased? What, you don't approve of those shirts? XXXX you!

Old NFO said...

Glad things kinda worked out. And Ms. A and WSF are both right. OH yeah, and congrats on getting through the 5k! :-)

Momma Fargo said...

Coffeypot...LOL. Great advice.

Ms. A...Ugh. Now what? LOL

WSF...I know, right?

OldNFO...Double Ugh. Thanks! I just wanted to get through it. Now to shave time and fat off the booty.

Allenspark Lodge said...

I was told 40 years ago that when a girl is 12 years old, she should be closed into a barrel. And when she reaches 15, you should plug the bung-hole.

Good choice in music! (Finally)

Bill