Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Thursday, March 5, 2015

Humbe Pie Makes Me Cry

A grateful heart is a sign of humility. I am ever so humbled by human kindness during the least expected times. Blessings bestowed upon me by you often come in different ways during unexpected crises or moments. 

There are these instances in my life where words escape me. I know this is hard for most to believe, but it is true. Yes. Stop laughing. Cool your snorts, too.

If you remember a while back I wrote a post where I was venting about the lack of fatherhood Bug receives and a purity ring she desired to have to show her faith in God and her support of abstinence. As a parent, this was such a significance to me. I was "wowed" by my daughter's maturity and values. I was not "wowed" by THE father because it was no surprise, just another disappointment.

Shortly thereafter, I received some very generous gestures from my blog buddies through Paypal donations. It made me cry. I didn't intend for the post to generate support for Bug's purity ring, but as a means for me to just express my frustration. I cannot be gracious enough to all of you for the moral support and your gifts. For your great hearts and generousness, I thank you, not only for this moment, but others where you have graced me with blessings in many different ways and during my cracks in the sidewalk of life. It will forever be firmly planted in my heart.

Aunt Superwoman and my mom picked up the remainder after your donations and mine.

Yes, it sucks to be poor. I have been at both ends of the stick. Perhaps God is making me realize something during the poor times I didn't see when I had no worries of money. I feel it has been a very good lesson and I hope it stays with me throughout life. I also like to pay it forward when I can and if not through a donation, through community service, or just being there for someone.

I'm ready to win the lottery now. Snork, snork. (My humor escapes me today)

Tah dah! Here it is!


So anyway...I was able to order one of the purity rings on the wish list. Although Bug's father said he would donate $20.00 to the cause, he has not as of yet but Bug does not know that because I put him on the card. No, she doesn't read this blog.

Am I surprised by his lack of follow through? Duh. No...I could go on and on about these issues but who cares. I just have to be the man and the woman. That is kind of creepy, but it is what it is.




When I presented Bug with her boxed ring and card with everyone's name on it, she was elated. I took "thousands" of pictures to post and keep of the moment. Tears formed in my eyes when I saw her face and reaction. It was precious. A proud moment to behold for sure! She instantly put it on and stared at it everywhere she went. She got ready for her school dance and was proud to wear it to the event. She was a most beautiful child. Her words were worth more to me than anything:

"Mom, why would people do this for me?"

"Because you are a wonderful kid and you are proclaiming something which should be celebrated."

"Wow, you know some really special people."

"Yes, I do. It is amazing how kind people are in the world."

"It is so beautiful and I will wear it always. (giggle, giggle) It says, LOVE WAITS, and I want everyone to know how I feel about myself, my pride, and my faith in God. (giggle, giggle). Gosh, mom, I am so lucky! I get to show the world I am not a slut and girls should have values."

Yep. I am not sure what to say about the last part, but it is teenager speak.

I really just basked in her sunshine.

[side note...you will be getting thank you cards from her...so hopefully you will share your mailing addresses in an email to me or get a throw down PO box for the occasion? :D ]




Bless you all from the bottom of my heart!



I took several pics so I could do a time lapse capture of it and show off her joy.

Yeah.

I forgot to put a memory card in the camera.

Duh.

8 comments:

Daddy Hawk said...

That's awesome. It's a beautiful ring and reminds me of mygrandmother's wedding ring.

Daddy Hawk said...

That's awesome. It's a beautiful ring and reminds me of mygrandmother's wedding ring.

Momma Fargo said...

Daddy Hawk, I think it is beautiful, too. Your grandmother's wedding ring must be gorgeous! I love the vintage filigree work. It is one of my favorite types of designs.

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
That IS such a wonderful gesture by so many.
And "Bug" is a real "Heart-Breaker" (takes after mom).
:)

Great post.

Roll safe down there, dear.

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Momma Fargo;

*wow* Bug is going to be a heart-breaker...must take after her mom I guess...She is a cutie when she isn't trying to ju-jitsu her mom;)

Ms. A said...

Boy, oh boy, oh boy... I sure hope that ring works as a good reminder, because I can sure see how guys might need one! She's beautiful!

Old NFO said...

Well done, and well deserved. Let her wear it with pride!

Momma Fargo said...

Bob G, Mr. G, Ms. A, OldNFO...thank you. I think she is a beauty myself.