Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Friday, April 3, 2015

Mind Games





"What's your name?"

"Zach."

"Hmm. Have you ever been to my office? You look familiar."

"Uh. Maybe. It's probably because I look like John Lennon."

"That's right. John Lennon has been in my office. Oh, wait. That's impossible."

"Don't I look like John Lennon? People say I do. I've had these round glasses forever."

"Yes. I was thinking that before I asked you, but I didn't want to say anything because he is dead."

"Did you know all those things that they say about Yoko Ono is true? She really is whacked."

"Never did meet the gal. I knew John long before Yoko."

"Oh."

Silence.

"Did you know Cynthia died?"

It's college. I can't even make this shit up.

"Um. No. I'm very sorry for your loss."

"I didn't really know her."

"Oh." (Thinking...who the fuck is Cynthia?)

"Yoko made a statement about her death. I think the funeral will probably be Saturday."

"O-K." (Lord, this is a trick, right?)

"I can tell by your forehead lines that you don't know who I am talking about."

"Not a clue."

"Cynthia Lennon."

"Oh. Cynthia. Yes. Are you going to the funeral?"

"Ha. No."

Silence. I couldn't stand it anymore.

"Do you read forehead lines?"

"What?"

"Yeah. You said you could tell by my forehead lines that I didn't know what you were talking about, so I was wondering if you could read all forehead lines. You know, like reading someone's mind or fortune telling."

"Uh. NO."

"Whew. Good thing. I will keep those thoughts private, then."

Yep. He got up and moved away and ruined all my fun.




4 comments:

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
Good Lord...in some ways, training the "rooks" seems WAY safer and saner than this college gig...LOL.

(you're right...you CAN'T make that sh*t up)

Roll safe down there, dear.

angel shrout said...

I can never forget John Lennon, but I said the same thing I knew he had his son but never knew the first wife's name lol. But John was killed on my birthday.. there is a great way to be reminded..

Ms. A said...

Saw mention of Cynthia on FB, had to stop and think. Everybody knows Yoko, but Cynthia was all but forgotten.

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Momma Fargo;

You want to have fun with him...say "John Lennon....I don't see it...but if you had that lightening bolt on your forehead...You look like Harry Potter." That would destroy his fragile ego and that would be entertaining to watch....or am I just a mean person;)