Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Hello Darkness My Old Friend...

Hello darkness my old friend...I've come here to talk with you again...


These words have nothing to do with depression...at least not today. Neither did they when Simon wrote these lyrics. Many associate it with Kennedy's assassination while he attributes it to his bathroom escapades of writing. Interesting history. Google it. 

While it may be true Simon and Garfunkel intentions of the song are open to interpretation...these words refer to one thing here. Maybe you will figure it out. I will start at the end before I go back to the beginning. It might be worthy of multiple posts. Maybe not. Not sure yet. Making sense? I thought not. It's a riddle. 

I rather like the fact that it was written in the john with the lights off. Not in the toilet, but near the toilet. 





He ran up to me when he saw me and greeted me with familiarity. His black face was full of dust, but it made no nevermind to me. I hugged him. It was a bittersweet reunion. I cried. Actually, I sobbed like a big baby and I think my emotions scared him a little, but he came right back. We rubbed noses and I kissed his entire face. He felt a little smothered. Too bad but I continued to be all over him. He looked really good but I wished he had somewhere to run and wasn't locked up in that small area. But it was nice. And he had a nice barn, too. Nothing tugged at my heart more so than seeing him and longing to change the past...just a little...so that I could have him with me now. It was really eerie not seeing his brother there, knowing he had passed away. At least he was at home and well taken of and living the rich life.

Yeah.

It still makes my heart heavy.

Horses.


2 comments:

Tennessee Grammie said...

It always tugs our hearts to visit the ones we left behind. Glad to hear he's looking good and well cared for. Hugs!

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
That's a very touching story, and demonstrates the capacity of the human spirit and soul.
Very good post.

Roll safe down there, dear.