Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Monday, September 28, 2015

Rhymes With Duck Sh*t

My Facebook quote inspired by the spammish quizes sent around which then puts malware and spybots all over your computer...gave me this today as MY quote...

"Dance like nobody's watching. Love like you've never had a broken heart. Sing like nobody's listening and live like there's no tomorrow."

Duh.

That is EXACTLY me. Weird.

Marketing software. It's kind of creepy.



I try to keep upbeat even though sometimes my life goes on a disaster train.

It's funny how I've met someone exactly like me in that fashion and is a copper. Two cops who ride the disaster train? Say it isn't so. I wish I could. However, I have meltdowns. I believe these started at a young age and advanced into adulthood.

Like me, his supervisor told him the same thing I was told once...that when things were not going the way I planned, I broke my crayons. Apparently, so does he. Maybe that's why we make such good fishing buddies. We both have crazy exes. He is wound tight as a cop just like I was.

That says a lot about someone's personality even if we all want to be in denial. Why do good people pick the wrong people to be with? Why do we wind ourselves up so much over things and things have to be "just so"? Why do we keep a balance of turmoil versus ordinary in their lives? I always thought that work was my dose of turmoil by dealing with crazies all day...then I got to go home to the ordinary. Kind of like a thrill ride. But that changed when my home life up and left me. Then I had husband number two. Whiskey-tango-foxtrot.

Now after being out of the copworld for almost THREE effing years, I have lost a lot of that anxiety and the feeling of being wound super tight, with an overachieving mind and ambition drive. Not that I still don't take on a lot, but I have mellowed out a little. I still don't relax over teenager issues. They set me off like crazy whores in a crackhouse. But I'm working on it. Baby steps.

Just like the saying up there says, I will do exact that. Why? Because that is just who I am...flying by the seat of my pants trying to experience everything in life before I become unable.

Who says I can't do something?

Yeah.

Well, for one...my Jiu-Jitsu instructor who just kicked me out of future classes because of my bad rotator cuff.

Well, that's just super. 


Poop Shit. There goes my MMA fighting days, Bitches.

4 comments:

Tennessee Grammie said...

With life come changes and speed bumps in the road; we can accept them or fight them and still end up having to accept the ones we don't like or want to obey. Some we breeze through and others we hit like a rock wall. When I broke my neck and back and tore up my shoulder all in the same fall, (hey, don't mess around, screw it up Royally!) it ended some of my favorite activities - no more skydiving, horseback riding, lifting with the left arm, etc. WTF? When I had wallowed in enough 'poor me' I realized I could be paralyzed from the neck down and counted my blessings. So I looked for other activities that filled the 'fun and thrills' and found other alternatives to threatening life and limb.

Getting old isn't for sissies, but those who do it with strength and dignity are happier and it beats the alternative.

Coffeypot said...

I like that position a lot. Especially when the legs are tight around the ears.. I don't have to listen to her screams of joy. As for breaking the crowns... I have an old, abandon well. When someone pisses me off, I just shoot'em and drag them to the well. But I may have to dig another one, this one is almost full.

Old NFO said...

Each of us handles things differently... Go with what works, and to hell with everybody else! :-)

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
Yeah...what TN Grammie said!

(and there 'ya go - fight the good fight and ALWAYS fight to WIN)
Roll safe down there, dear.