Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Way of the Dog

Brilliant idea, she said. Go into the woods, she said. Trails. Challenging hills. Green, blue, and black. What fun, she said.



Perhaps one should look at the trail map before just diving into a thickly wooded trail system only to get lost for nearly three hours while trying to find oneself a way out. And not to mention the extra endurance needed to finish.



Was it a good workout?

Absolutely.

Was I the only girl in the woods?

Absolutely.

Did I use a mountain bike?

Nope. I used my feet.

Was it dark?

It was dusk and then it got dark. *shudder*

Were there creepy moments?

Yes. I'm pretty sure serial killers inhabited these woods at one time or another.

Was it beautiful?

No. It was magical AND beautiful.

Was I scared? What about the murderers and rapists?

No. I have God and ninja skills.

And when you come to a fork in the trail which one do you take if it isn't marked? "Well, Fargo," a voice boomed down from the heavens, "You follow the way of the dog."

Maybe this is the same concept as the horse to the barn thingy.

So I did. The dog led me out of the woods...eventually...three hours later...after it was done playing.

So yeah. It's not like the horse thingy.

By the way, deep in the woods...there are no landmarks I call mountains. I can't see the sun. It's just pretty green all over. Pretty much I am navigationally fucked.

But it was fun!

5 comments:

Coffeypot said...

No scared? You were carrying, weren't you, and if not, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THE WOODS WITHOUT YOU GUN? God is great, Ninja skills are nice, but a 9mm is quicker and easier.

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
I'm also surprised you weren't packin' some heat (nice .380 pocket pistol).
AT least take some OC spry.
(in case of skunks and other "vermin"...heh)
I will grant you it IS nice out in God's country.

And keep those ninja skills sharp.
Good post.

Roll safe down there, dear.

Tennessee Grammie said...

What? No Red Baron brake lights to lead you out of the woods? Do you carry a compass with your pistola? And what hills where, ain't no hills where you live. Just sayin' ...

Old NFO said...

Must remember that moss grows on the north side of the trees/rocks... :-) That at least gives you a direction...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Three letters. GPS.