Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Monday, October 12, 2015

Fargo Weekend Blotter

So much has been going by in the world that I think the Kansas tornado that took Dorothy "afly" is surrounding me and I am stuck in the vortex standing still. We have political unrest, civil unrest, no speaker for the GOP, school shootings, more police officers getting murdered, Hillary going down the tubes while her email scandal continues to dominate the Democratic news while still nothing is done but talk about all these issues...etcetera, etcetera.

What of these fine things are newsworthy? I guess all of them, actually. I found, however, the speakers at the Million Man March to be hateful and divisive, calling law enforcement the "Blue Klux Klan" and chanting, "Down, down America!"

*Whiskey-tango-foxtrot*

Which organizer thought this was a good idea?

So weird. I think the more I watch the news, the more I suffer from Deerintheheadlightsitis, Headspinaroundbackwards Syndrome, and Whatthefuck Conundrums. Unfortunately, the doctors tell me the only way to cure these problems is to hide my head in the sand or drink excessively. Sand in my eyes is about the same as too many drinks. Oy.

To elminate my headaches from the real world, I exited it by going to my daughter's volleyball tournament which was a bummer because they lost the championship. Not only that, they lost it because they gave up which makes it worse than losing to a good team, which they didn't. They beat themselves. It resembled the new American way. Erg.


A little ray of sunshine in my life was lifted by a free local fair which featured some talented artists from the area. It took me to heaven for just a few hours.



Afterward, we talked to Seth's mom who is a wonderful lady. Seth's dad gave Bug an autographed pic and she got her picture taken with Seth Cook. Two local artists including the one featured in the below video also performed. We had an enjoyable time.


Briefly, life was just peaceful and fun with a splash of my childhood shining through. 

To wrap up the weekend, we had to sit down to watch The Walking Dead. Color me disappointed, but I thought the episode sucked monkey ballz. Maybe it was just me. 

At least The Blacklist was awesome. 



5 comments:

GunDiva said...

The weekend must have worn you down, because I LOVED the season premier of TWD. So much so that I watched it a second time after I'd had my "debrief" with The Talking Dead.

I'm sorry they lost the championship - I hate it when you can see a team give up on themselves.

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Momma Fargo

I know the crazy that is going on and I sometimes think that these people that live in our system and bash it, need to go to the 3rd world and hang around and have their reality altered.

It sucks when your team beats itself and self destructs...that is worse than getting beat by another team that was a better team.

Bren + Lucy said...

Wow - love how you love TV as much as I do! And fargo rocks!

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
As long as what you drink is NOT Kool-Aid (perhaps some red, red wine)...you'll be okay. I promise.

I like those "illnesses", too. I think we ALL have gotten at least ONE of them of late.

Sorry to hear that Bug's team lost the game by themselves...mediocre should NOT become "the new normal".
For ANYONE!
That fair you went to sounded fun. Always good to schmooze w/ artists...see THEIR take on this old world.

The Blacklist IS pretty damn good. Seen it from the pilot.
Ditto for TWD, but I can see why you didn't like the season 6 ep. Might take a bit for the gang to get some traction this season...and there ARE those "Wolves" out there.

Good post, Kiddo.

Roll safe down there, dear.

Old NFO said...

Glad there was at least 'some' good times in there... Hang in and hang on! :-)