Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Sunday, November 15, 2015

Skewed Nation

The grumpy, mean stomp to the ring might be the way she amps herself up, but it was all show last night. Taking a time out from the Paris terrorist attacks, we decided we couldn't miss some Ronda Rousey. She went down like a ton of bricks. In fact, I don't think she really was in the game. She looked pudgy and slower (OK I know I am being way critical) compared to her former physique and appearances. Sure, she got in some good air hits. She is kind of a brutal force with her personality ranging all over the map from downright asshole to some surprise nice moments. I still like her.


Who can't embrace ghetto success? She is a fitness phenomenon.

Well, her personality can be off-putting. You know how I roll. I have to adore the unique and greatness in anyone who can accomplish what she has in several sports arenas.

However, I like Holly Holm better. She was almost flawless.


And she is personable to her fans and nice. Cut, lean, fast, and strategic. She had it all together. Plus she was humble. Who can't like her?



Yeah. She is a better role model than Rousey for teens or anyone for that matter. In my household, Bug likes both sides of the spectrum because she sees what they have accomplished in a mostly man dominated sport. Now...they sell out more stadiums and draw more people, driving them to the top of the entertainment ladder...bypassing their male counterparts' popularity. Perhaps their earnings will climb as well. Who am I kidding? It's all about cat fighting. Everyone likes a good cat fight. These happen to be the best. I would do 31 seconds in a ring for $500,000.

Heck, I would take one punch for $100,000.

Ok. They might be able to talk me down a little more. I am flexible.

I'm ready for a rematch. It's coming. After my fights are scheduled and I walk away with a couple of black eyes and a broken nose with my greenbacks in hand...

*hey hey hey wake up*

Boy, I guess I could paste pics of Rousey or Holm on my boxing bag in the garage. It's close to the real thing right? That bag swings hard I tell  ya.

Back to business: Rousey v. Holm rematch next year...brace yourselves.

I would be all about reaching that fitness level just to be healthy and tough. For a moment, all the world's problems did not exist. It took me into the early morning hours of this day, but it gave me a much needed break from reality. UFC gets the clap on this one.

Squirrel... earlier in the evening...

How about that Michigan/IU game? Damn. It would have been nice to have had IU win that. I haven't gotten that excited about football in quite some time.

Plot twist...

Then I was back to Paris updates. My heart felt the same sunken feeling as 911. Another war is brewing. All the Facebook profiles changing in support of France have blanketed the Internet along with news streams. I think it is time to destroy some mo-fos.

Meanwhile, Hillary hosted Biden in an evening chit chat adorned with cookies and milk while they watched re-runs of Honey Boo Boo and Trump photoshopped into an episode of Green Acres. She extended her gratitude to Biden for not entering the presidential race, but rejoiced in the anguish the hype caused Republicans. The two laughed like Mr Ed together in harmony. Obama gave a short word on the Paris terrorist attacks and scheduled a luncheon with the Mizzou protestors. On the other end of the world, Pope Francis entered political leadership by warning the world that all the nations are entering into WWIII. That will teach those trying to take Jesus out of politics. Those Christians...if it weren't for them, we wouldn't be in this mess.

That's a lot of skewed nation.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Rousey was a failure as a judo competitor, she never even made the national team. I find her to be extremely of noxious and much more self-confident than her actual performance deserved. From what I am saying she got home she deserve last night

Momma Fargo said...

I agree with you and she got what was coming to her to knock down her ego. Even as a judo competitive failure, her failures would be my successes. She did win bronze in the Olympics in 2008...that's something. I am looking forward to seeing if this will bring her down to reality or leave her unphased. I suspect she will be hiding for some time.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

I like her swagger and hope she keeps it.

Coffeypot said...

She got her tootie knocked to the turf so bad that she couldn't even hold her head up when the announcer called out the winner. She may come around by Christmas.