Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Monday, January 4, 2016

What Way Does The Pendulum Swing?

Well Seasoned Fool scolded me yesterday for overthinking and being in a dark hole... LIKE A BOSS. Well, poop on you, too. (I say that with endearment) I just went to bed early and slept everything off and woke up a squirrel again. I blame it on the government sending out bad airwaves and trying to fool with my mind channeling. I might invest in some tin foil and make a new hat so the FBI and NSA can't penetrate my brain activity. I said the word "penetrate."(giggle, giggle)

Yeah. That sounds good. Add in a pretty white jacket with lots of buckles and I will be set. The dark powers have stormed the castle! To the cave...

I think I need a vacation.

Geez, WSF. Can't even let Fargo be poopy for one day. You know it is all temporary stuff. I have to act human. Who knows, it might not have even been real gloominess, but fabricated to make me look imperfect, fallible. Oh, yeah. You might not think you guys matter out there, but I pay attention to your words.

After I took a long winter's nap to sleep off the darkness, I engaged in some interesting Facebook debate. I love it. It's like playing virtual video games. I think of my comments as bombs. Sometimes I just send down warning shots to stir up the folks.

Meanwhile on the west coast...the Hammond family ranch incident in Oregon. First, some brief history (not about underwear)...with a little Fargo ad lib...(ok, so this is facts with my peanut gallery comments)...

Hammond family: Very nice looking, normal type people=ranchers
The Hammonds have a beautiful ranch next to a wildlife refuge. For years, the government has been buying up local ranches to expand this refuge. Enter...government pressure and land. We know how this can fuel a huge land feud. Over time, the buyouts have become forceful including the government shutting off irrigation water to spiral ranchers' agricultural production into the drain, force hard times, force a sell. See how that works? I know the feeling. Been there, done that.

There was a big fire started by lightning. The Hammond family fought it to save the ranch, ended up starting a back fire which indeed did put out the fire, saving range land and the ranch. The back fire burned a very small amount of federal land. They were charged (charges dropped by DA, then refiled 5 years later by US Attorney), paid fines, and some of the family went to jail.

The two men were charged as "terrorist" under the Federal Antiterrorism Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996Ridiculous. Terrorists? Arsonists? What evidence or confession of such am I missing? I thought to prove arson you needed intent. In the process of fighting a fire, they damaged more federal land already burning. I believe that is unintentional. So fine them. That's about all you can do on a civil matter. The search warrant that many use the cooler vocabulary as "raids"...so what? That's a given. It's going to happen. My panties do not get in a wad over that procedure, but I understand how the Hammonds feel violated by agents "storming their home."

So the ranchers are in jail and serving their time, when the charges get re-sentenced and now have to serve additional years. Wow. Whiskey-tango-foxtrot. Really? I don't get this, but I do see the vindictive arm of the government reaching out here.

They have paid half of the $400,000 in fines and from the court proceedings, BLM gets first right of refusal if they sell their ranch. WTF? How is this possible? Maybe I need to go back to the law books. I know you can seize property which is connected to criminal drug trafficking and organized crime, but you can now impose civil land rights on a criminal proceeding charging two ranchers with arson? That is a stretch. Why has this not been challenged as to its constitutional merits? Maybe it is on the books and I am not aware of it. It seems to be a shady way to obtain ranch property if you ask me. If they can't pay the fines, they are forced to sell the ranch to the BLM or face further criminal charges. WTF? Usually, you just go to jail to face the contempt on paying the fines and it is converted to time. Not sure how that works that you can force someone to sell the ranch. Perhaps they used the ranch as collateral? Not sure.

Today the Hammonds are required to report to federal prison for their extended stay of the re-sentenced time after serving the initial time sentenced. This is crackpotism at its finest.

How is this constitutional? Or right and moral in all forms? But, they have stated they will show up and do as they are required from the courts. They have also made statements they have not invited Clive Bundy to the area.

Twitter News


So, there is a lot more to that story but that is the icing, and just a licking of the top. Behind the law scenes, I don't know. It just seems too unbelievable but I understand how the government works when it wants your land. It is plausible.

Well, whodathunk the Bundys and company would come and take over the wildlife refuge in protest over this injustice? Sho nuff. It happened by force by firearms. Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

This is not the way to protest injustice nor reverse the wrongdoings they believe have been done to the Hammonds. Where are the attorneys? Where are the groups supporting the Hammonds? Where is the movement? It is there in Oregon, behind some AR-15s.

Crazy.

This will be another Waco, Ruby Ridge, or Bundygate, if you will. Ya'll Quaeda has taken over Malheur Wildlife Refuge as Tweets on Twitter have been implying all over the internet. The refuge will be further embedded in the history books making it an even more attractive site. 

So back to the Facebook debate. Several ( not one or two, but many) of my friends are up in arms, making comments to go to Oregon to fight for this cause alongside Bundy. I don't agree with this method and I agree there seems to be some injustice to the Hammond family, but this way is not the right way. I also think Bundy is a crackpot and used such words in my commentating which of course, was not liked. NO ONE PUSHED THE LIKE BUTTON.  He didn't pay his grazing fees. He broke his crayons when he got in trouble. Different situation. Now he has organized his own little vigilante group of "rancher mafia" or "militia" as the media likes to call them. Make them real scary like.



Really, Bundy? This is all you got? Come on. Use some common sense. Put your money where your mouth is and hire the biggest badassist attorney, then make some peaceful large scale protests and get the nation behind you. These are felony acts of terrorism. Stop giving the liberals ammunition to use against lawful gun owners by making all ranchers look like half-cocked off crazies. And stop committing felonies.


Ok. That's what I said and that's what I stirred up. The response was that America needed to be taken back somehow, somewhere, and it was a matter of time. WTF? Mutiny?

Now in the words of one of my former colleagues, "Kathryn, I support all extremists because without them we can never meet in the middle. Sure, most of them are plum crazy nuts. Hell, half the time I agree with them. I just can't openly support such nonsense in a uniform, but secretly, I hope they win."

If you aren't interested in this story, you should be. This is about a federal land grab, a revolution from citizens, and a big fat mess of illegalities.

I see one hell of a movie coming out of all this showdown.

Your thoughts?

4 comments:

Coffeypot said...

I live on the other side of the country from where all this is going down, so I don't know much of the details. But I can't help but feel this has been going on for years. I am sure that lawyers have been used over and over again. This is not just a pop up deal. I read that they did have a protest parade down the main street of town - or some place. But I also feel they are right in doing something to get the attention of the country (like Black Lives Matter), that the government is running rough-shod over the little people so they can gain more land to, what, save a rodent or snake or something? I have to say, FUCK THE GREEN, TREE HUGER, SAVE NATURE crowd. They cause as much harm as they try to protect. I also saw that Montel Williams, wants the gubment to go in and kill all of the protesters. I guess white lives don't matter to him. The only thing I would like to see is everyone come out of this alive and the government stopped its SS tacks in getting what it wants. I'll go back to sleep now.

Coffeypot said...

After reading and watching this, I am leaning toward prosecuting the DLM and others. I admit this article is one sided, and I would like to read something eplaing the gubmet viewpoint, other than petty whining and egos that the government backs. There is always more to the story, lets hear from them now.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/01/03/full-story-on-whats-going-on-in-oregon-militia-take-over-malheur-national-wildlife-refuge-in-protest-to-hammond-family-persecution/

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Tsk, tsk.

BLM and USFS. Two organizations that once were respected. Doubt any trust can be restored. Worse, their infection and rot has infected the state agencies. Wyoming game wardens anyone?

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
I'm all for wildlife refuges (makes for some good outings and picture-taking, but when the gov't TAKES AWAY LAND to get a species OFF the endangered list...and then NEVER gives the (borrowed?) land BACK after that species makes a comeback is just wrong.
It was never the government's land to play "monopoly" with in the first place.

Thing is, the gov't can "claim" that ANY land (even that owned by anyone - been done already) can be "appropriated" at the whim of whatever agenda the feds chase after,.
Just my 2 cents.

Roll safe out there, dear.