Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Monday, February 8, 2016

Movin' On Up... To That Deluxe Apartment In The Sky!

Blotter Highlights

Superbowl 50: 

How many of you were watching the Super Bowl? Come on. It was number 50. Did you tune in for highlights? Catch the news? It was nice to see Peyton Manning end with a win. I think he is going to retire even though he said he wasn't going to make an emotionally charged decision right now. He truly does Pey It Forward. Catch the new article in the Indy Star (link provided.) 

Did anyone catch his plug for Budweiser? It was subtle. 

I wasn't really thrilled with the weird commercials, like the puppy-baby-monkey which disturbed the hell out of me. 

I think I watched it with my mouth gaping open. But some made me smile...like the Prius 4 ad. 



And then there were the Budweiser ads: I particularly liked the ones with Helen Mirren and a new take with the Clydesdales. 

Who doesn't love Helen Mirren? She is a bomb shell and a role model for all women. I adore her. Here is her famous bikini shot of 2008 at the age of 63 on holiday on an Italian beach: 


Photo: Mario Brenna 
She didn't want to be defined by that picture and refused to brand herself as a sex symbol. 

"You write your life story by the choices you make. You never know if they have been a mistake. Those moments of decision are so difficult."

Classy British dame. I lurve her. 

And the 2016 Budweiser Superbowl ads:





So there was that. 

Fisher, IN Thrill Killer Sentenced


Photo: Hamilton County



Maxwell Winkler was sentenced to 80 years in prison, but the announcement went virtually under the radar being published right before the big football weekend. He was 17 when he shot an elderly man in Fishers, then sliced his throat. For what? Not a robbery. He had been plotting a kill for a long time, wrote about, and planned for it. It was labeled by media as  "thrill kill". The homicide rocked the affluent community of Fishers, Indiana. His father was the economic development director of Anderson, Indiana. Maxwell was living with his mother in Fishers. Oh, yeah. You can tell by his eyes that something isn't connecting right upstairs. It's the same story over and over. Disconnected kids, broken homes, dysfunction junction, whites of the eyes, no friends-loners, pale or grey skin, etc. I could be a profiler for future youth homicidal maniacs. 

 He was sentenced without parole for the murder with a change of plea to "guilty but mentally ill". He can get out in 60 years.  I am sure to be dead by then. 

Fargo Becomes An Out of State Rookie

Sometimes you have that one rookie from another state who bad mouths the current place of residency or constantly says, "Well, it isn't that way back home." Those FNGs are annoying as hell and we often would tell them, "Shut the fuck up. You aren't in Kansas anymore, Dorothy." Yeah. We weren't very nice training officers. 

We all compare. It's just human nature. I should have been more compassionate. But then...no...it was annoying as hell and I didn't want to here it. Shut up. Adjust. 

I have really been homesick lately and I was asked why I don't just move back. There was nothing keeping me here. They said. Then, I got told that all I do is bad mouth the area anyway. 

I was a rookie. Poop. Shit. 

Bug Grows Up




This happened this weekend. Where did the time go? At least she got my blue eyes.

Fargo Falls

My alarm went off at 4:45 am EST. I woke up, swung out of bed and the world started spinning. Boom. I fell right into the door jamb of my closet with no way to stop myself. It was the big one, Weezy! (Yes, that is a snork on Obama when he mixed up Sanford and Sons with The Jeffersons) 

I grabbed my chest...er...abdomen...because my chest had fallen. Old age, you know. 

Mind you, the house is 125 years old so the door jamb is 6 inches of the hardest hickory. It didn't feel so great, but I brushed off that sensation because something was not operating properly.  It felt as if I were passing out but I didn't go out. I must have gotten up too quickly. That is the sign of a bad heart issue coming on.  Lawdy, me, don't take me now. I'm not ready to go.

I realize we don't have a choice, but why not plea with God. Everyone else does. 

Nope. My legs did not move. They were folded up underneath me like a clown doll. Holy dragon ballz, did I turn into a paraplegic? Weird. I am not that limber. My legs do not go that way. I must have broken every bone in my body on the way down. Good thing I can't feel a thing. 

I club crawled (what you do when you are way too drunk and caught out in da club) myself to my phone but no one I called answered. What to do? 

Bug was all the way across the hallway and to drag myself over there was going to expend all my energy. This is quite the dilemma. I climbed up my log bed (thank you, 13 year old solid Aspen frame) and tried to get my bearings. I love wood. Especially hard wood. 

Then it dawned on me. It was not the big one, Weezy! My legs had fallen asleep. Snore. It took a moment or a hundred for them to come back and I got around for a few minutes like a Parkinson's patient. Needless to say, two hours later, those missed calls were returned. Of course, it didn't matter that I would have already died by then. People. Cell phones. I think natural selection just worked better in the old days. 

10 comments:

Akcamper said...

How the hell do your legs fall asleep while you're in bed?!?!?!? I think you may have something else going on, like a blood clot maybe? I think you better play it safe and see a doctor. People who don't answer their cell phone when I call piss me off! What the hell good are they? You would be better off getting one of those help, I've fallen and can't get up buttons!

Old NFO said...

Sounds like an 'interesting' weekend... :-)

Tennessee Grammie said...

I agree with Adcamper - there's no good reason why your legs should fall asleep when you are in bed. It's a sign of a medical issue so go see a sawbones.

Some people turn their cell phones OFF or the sounds OFF when we go to bed. I take out my hearing aids when I go to bed so it's a moot point. I have always considered a phone a convenience when I want it to be, not when someone else wants it to be. My Dad used to go bonkers because I didn't answer the phone EVERY time it rang. There are times I am busy, doing something else, resting or simply don't feel in the mood to talk to anyone and don't answer the phone. The only reason to call someone before 8am is in case of fire in THEIR house - otherwise it's my opinion they should call 911 for something they think is enough of an emergency to call anyone else during 'ungodly hours.

Different generations view telephones differently.

Coffeypot said...

As for Winkler, I do not believe there is a cure for a mind like that. So just needle his ass so no one will have to worry about him and/or use up tax dollars. Bug is beautiful, but still a teenager. Therefore, she is dangerous to the nervous system. And, by the way, how did you get your legs into a position that the circulation was cut off? Post a picture of that configuration. It might be one for the text books. How is the face, by the way? You know no one believes you when you say you fell. Yeah, right. Fell into a fist. That's what they will think...

Momma Fargo said...

Akcamper-it's a problem with my neck and pinched nerve. Happens some times. This time it was a whammy.

OldNFO...ho hum is more like it. LOL

Tennessee Grammie-I called Bug and the PoPo on duty. You would think one would answer. It was not a 911 call.

Coffeypot...no not a fist. No one was there but me. No marks you can see. LOL. Top of the head is sore.

Cheryl said...

I have been traveling for the last 4 days and just got home today (Monday) I haven't had a chance to watch the Superbowl but have it DVR'ed.

Bug is beautiful. Her eyes are gorgeous!!

I hadn't heard of that case of Maxwell Winkler. I agree with you about that vacant stare being such a tell-tale sign that is common to all these killers. You can clearly see that something is wrong with them.

Tennessee Grammie said...

The nerves in your neck impact your arms, shoulders and upper torso - they DO NOT impact your legs. The lumbar and sacral nerves impact your legs. I strongly suggest you go see a doctor ASAP; there is a medical problem if your legs are 'falling asleep' when you are in bed.

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
Your posts are getting as long as mine...LOL>
--But no, I did NOT watch the Super Bowl.
But I have seen that puppy-monkey-baby ad...is anyone as creeped out over that as I am?
(inbreeding hill-jacks, no doubt?)
--Yeah, that killer punk looks like his teen-head if FULL of bad-wiring.
Sure, I miss where I was raised, too...BUT, it';s been 20 uawers, and where I grew up doesn't really EXIST anymore, thanks to the shitastic "changes" to he place.
(guess you really can;t go BACK home)
But, I also bitch about where I live NOW...becasue it NEEDS it.
We are so alike there.
--Bug is SO beautiful...you're gonna need double locks on the doors at the harry Potter house to keep all the hormonal boys away...heh.
She definitely takes after YOU.
--Legs asleep...okay. That';s easily solved.
NEVER get outta the sack UNTIL the IMPORTANT PARTS wake up FIRST...LOL.
(like the parts that can get you to that coffee-maker)
Beats leg CRAMPS that wake you up.\
Great post.

Roll safe down there, dear.

lotta joy said...

I'M BACK. IF NO ONE SHOWS UP, I'M GONE AGAIN. LOL

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Momma Fargo;

I didn't watch the Superbowl....and from what I heard of the halftime show...I am definitely glad I didn't. The Budweiser commercials are pretty good..although I do like the Christmas ones also:)
Bug is a cutie like her Mom....