Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Thursday, March 17, 2016

A Little Of The Green

Top of the mornin' to ya! Happy Saint Patty's Day! The luck of the Irish to ya! Me Irish (with a touch of German) eyes don't lie. I am prone to a lot of shenanigans and a little malarkey!


I have to admit. I love Saint Patty's Day. Not only for the joy of an excuse to drink some beer, but it is a jolly occasion celebrating gingers. Who can't love that?

Imma lot Irish. Imma lot German. There really isn't much else in between unless someone in the family line deviated off to a Viking ship. 

Ah. But to find your heritage! Embrace it no matter the path it took. It's history. People persevered, were persecuted, conquered, fell, got up again and you survived! 

No matter how scandalous or mundane a family history could be, I find it all fascinating. I wish mine had some more mystery and scandal. I suppose some day, one of my ancestors could make up a bunch of shit about the family history just to make it more interesting and no one would know the wiser. Thank God for the internet to preserve my crazy. One thing is for sure, I am adding my two cents to that lineage and if it weren't for me, this branch would be too straight laced. 

Thanks, Fargo! I know they are all saying that for taking the heat and pressure off of them. Two hundred years from now....someone is going to say..."then there was that one girl in the family."

Have a grand Saint Patty's Day, me friends!


5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I am sure the Irish are lucky to have you in the ethnic family. I, too am Irish. No German added, just Irish. I had a Mc name prior to marriage. I laugh now that there is a viral video that has some freak ranting at a McDonald's (sure you've seen it (https://youtu.be/IrSsjdzlUSw) that uses the phrase Mc-cuse me bitch. I never appreciated having an Mc name until I realized I can say Mc-cuse me bitches to my family members.

I guess maybe my ancestors will be less than thrilled to claim me as one of their clan.

Have a great day, Momma Fargo. (Hope you are feeling better today)

Well Seasoned Fool said...

St. Patrick's Day is for amateurs. Irish 24/365. Every four years a wee bit Scot.

Momma Fargo said...

Cheryl, Haha. Mc-cuse me. I love it. And I never knew Ronald McD was Irish and whodathunk I have been eating Irish food at a fast food joint all my life. TEE HEE.

WSF: Ok, you got me there.

Momma Fargo said...

Oh, and I am feeling a little better today. Starting to level out. So far all they can find is extreme dehydration. Drinking 64 ounces a day now. Down off the gallon thingy.

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
Hey everyone can pretend to be a "ginge" today. And a few Harp Ales makes that even EASIER...heh!

You picked the right state to check out lineage and family even though I'm from Pennsy, and live in Hoosierland, I'm still trying to find my way out of the state of cynicism...lol!

Very good post.
Happy St. Patty's Day, lass.
Hope you're doing better, too.

Stay safe down there, dear.